Finally i got a guaranty lovebird pair :) here is the baby

Fersie

May 9, 2013
After a long time i got a beautiful guaranty lovebird pair. i think these are eyering lovebirds. correct me if i am wrong. i have a question. the baby was born on october 29th. and its been a month. so is it safe to pull him out. and how long i have to handfeed him? i know how to handfeed :D

Attachments

• baby.jpg
    baby.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 647
  • baby1.jpg
    baby1.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 5,124

GaryBV

Nov 2, 2013
Southwestern Pennsylvania
Parrots
Pacific Parrotlets - green Beanieboy and blue Skya;
Fischer Lovebirds - Mariposa and Papillon
I'm not familiar with that species of lovebirds as I have had Peach Faced and currently have Fischer Lovebirds (Fischer's definitely have eyerings), not can I help you with advice over the baby, but I did want to say they are just beautiful and that lil baby coudn't be more precious.

Betrisher

Jun 3, 2013
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Parrots
Dominic: Galah(RIP: 1981-2018); The Lovies: Four Blue Masked Lovebirds; Barney and Madge (The Beaks): Alexandrines; Miss Rosetta Stone: Little Corella
Your lovebirds look like Black Masks, same as ours. I do love your little baby - what a darling! I've never handraised lovebirds, so I'm afraid I can't help there. Just wanted to admire the little one. :)

SpotsandSally

Sep 30, 2013
Alaska, USA
Parrots
Kiwi : Indian Ringneck Parrot RIP, taken far too young, Mango : Lovebird, 5 years old 2014, Sprite : Pineapple green cheek, <1 2014
Is it just me or does it look plucked? In every bird I've ever known, the wings are the LAST to grow in, and they usually have down feather on their backs. Maybe it's just me - I've never raised baby parrots. Just curious!

Beautiful baby, love the colors! Especially that brown one - simple and sweet :)

rosie88

Jun 10, 2013
India
Parrots
Naru - Fischer Lovebird
they are really supercute..even i also haven't hand raised any bird..so sorry cant help you..::):rainbow1:

Last edited:

crimson

Oct 8, 2012
Media
Ontario,Canada
Parrots
Senegal-Martini,1 pineapple conure~ Kahlua,1 GCC~ Flare, spl/b, 4 Lovebirds Halo,Tye-Die,Luna,Violet,8 Cockatiels,Num Num&Tundra,8-Ball&Angus,Magnet&Sunkist,Pearl, Blush, 1 gouldian finch, 7 canaries
they are lovely!....Black Masked *Fischer* lovebirds
Fischer lovebirds will always have the eye ring

4 weeks is a <little> late, normally you should pull them around 2.5-3 weeks of age.
(if you want to do it next time)

the reason for this is at 4 weeks of age, they may refuse the syringe, and not want to take it what so ever due to being parent fed.

you could co-parent meaning handle the babies daily so they are use to human interaction, but the parents continue feeding them.
here is a very good web site on handfeeding

Flying Gems Aviary - Handfeeding baby lovies.

crimson

Oct 8, 2012
Media
Ontario,Canada
Parrots
Senegal-Martini,1 pineapple conure~ Kahlua,1 GCC~ Flare, spl/b, 4 Lovebirds Halo,Tye-Die,Luna,Violet,8 Cockatiels,Num Num&Tundra,8-Ball&Angus,Magnet&Sunkist,Pearl, Blush, 1 gouldian finch, 7 canaries
the baby your holding has been plucked by either parent...I just looked at the pic.again

Echo

Dec 7, 2009
USA
Parrots
Green Cheek Conures, Crimson Conures, CAG, Pionus, Budgies, Goffin Cockatoo
OP
F

Fersie

May 9, 2013
well i also think the baby has been plucked by his parents. so i decided to take him out and go on with hand feeding. hes pretty easy :) he can only eat abt 2ml or 2.5ml at a time. is that ok ???

Attachments

• baby3.jpg
    baby3.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 436
  • baby4.jpg
    baby4.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 190
  • baby5.jpg
    baby5.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 328

crimson

Oct 8, 2012
Media
Ontario,Canada
Parrots
no....he should be eating way more. about 5-7 cc's,3x's per day,but at this time, you should be introducing millet first, then crushed pellets/seed, and always water.

keep feeding him on his regular feeding schedule, then once he starts eating pellets, etc...gradually start cutting back onto the formula.....it's about a 3 weeks weaning process, but really depends on the bird.

one more thing, don't forget to introduce veggies :)

MarciaLove

Jan 4, 2012
USA Georgia
Parrots
Sugar the Blue Crown Conure♂, Merlin the Camelot Macaw♂
Crimson has given great advice. He is a beautiful baby make sure you feed til the crop is full (but mot so full it could harm him) ans offer some millet, pellets, fruits to him in shallow bowls.

Most Reactions