Finally! Pics Of Sinbad's New Cage & More!

Blancaej

Apr 5, 2013
Middlebury, VT
Parrots
CAG Quincy - BD 3/27/00. Gotcha 6/00 ~ GW Macaw Savannah - BD 6/21/93. Gotcha 4/13 ~ B&G Macaw Coqui - BD 9/3/03. Gotcha 10/13 ~ Blue Crown Conure Sidney - BD Unknown Approx 5 Years Old. Gotcha 6/15/
Ok, as promised here are pictures of my birds new living quarters. As well as pics of Sinbad/Savannah in her new cage and more pics of Quincy, too! Enjoy!

blancaej-albums-spring-2013-picture7864-quincy-savannah-s-living-quarters.jpg

My new dinning room set up! Quincy's cage is on the left and Sinbad's on the right. Plus they each have a playpen. We've moved Quincy's playpen since this picture to the left of his cage to keep the playpens further apart!

blancaej-albums-spring-2013-picture7865-savannah-s-new-cage.jpg

Sinbad/Savannah's new cage!

blancaej-albums-spring-2013-picture7861-morgan-marcus-savannah-s-cage.jpg

My kids Morgan & Marcus playing in Sinbad's cage when we were putting it together!

blancaej-albums-spring-2013-picture7868-savannah-her-new-home.jpg

Sinbad/Savannah settled in at home!

blancaej-albums-spring-2013-picture7867-savannah-her-new-home.jpg

blancaej-albums-spring-2013-picture7871-savannah-s-playpen.jpg

Sinbad's playpen. We will add more toys once she starts using it.

blancaej-albums-spring-2013-picture7870-quincy-s-new-improved-playpen.jpg

Quincy's new and improved play pen!

blancaej-albums-spring-2013-picture7869-quincy-his-new-improved-playpen.jpg

Quincy on his new and improved playpen.

blancaej-albums-spring-2013-picture7866-my-quincy-bird.jpg

Quincy

blancaej-albums-spring-2013-picture7863-quincy.jpg

"What are you doing Mama?"

WeimerHeimer

Sep 11, 2012
York,PA
Parrots
Finches, Conures, Amazon Parrots, Cockatoos, & Macaws
VERY nice!!!!

I had to laugh .... my Bird Room is painted EXACTLY like yours, dark raspberry walls with stark white trim. I have all the same colored cages for all my birds, mine are white. I see you have all the same as well. GREAT MINDS THINK ALIKE!

Can you tell me what make that new cage is?

I desparately need a new cage for my Green Wing Macaw. I have mostly A&E Cages and the old school California Cages in my bird room. I was looking at the Kings Cages, either the Superior line or the European line.

Thanks for posting pictures!

OP
Blancaej

Blancaej

Apr 5, 2013
Middlebury, VT
Parrots
CAG Quincy - BD 3/27/00. Gotcha 6/00 ~ GW Macaw Savannah - BD 6/21/93. Gotcha 4/13 ~ B&G Macaw Coqui - BD 9/3/03. Gotcha 10/13 ~ Blue Crown Conure Sidney - BD Unknown Approx 5 Years Old. Gotcha 6/15/
WeimerHeimer - That is too funny about the walls. Great minds do think alike! :D Life is too short to live without color! Don't you think? ;)
Sinbads cage is by PreVue Pet Products. I purchased it on Amazon.com. It's not as heavy duty as the King Cages, I'm sure. But it's half the price and I am very happy with it. Let me know if you want the link. I did do research on the company and they seem like a good company. The cage is made in china I believe, so if that bothers you, just keep that in mind. I couldn't afford a King cage so this was a nice alternative. Plus, there are not a lot of options for cages in my area. Quincy's cage I got from Amazon a few years ago and I've been very pleased with it.

Featheredsamurai

Aug 24, 2011
California
Parrots
African Greg
2 cockatiels
Yay! Does Sinbad seem to like her new cage? I love that you put a nice natural perch in there, rope perches are great too. Sasil is safer, but Rosie loves her cotton perch so much and often sleeps on it. If she chewed it I would switch it with a sasil but she's not a big chewer.

I love the photos of Quincy, he looks like he's posed a bit threatening? Does he not like your camera or still mad at you for changing things?

noblemacaw

Sep 23, 2011
Parrots
Valentino - Red Fronted Macaw - Hatched August 12, 2012
She's HOME! Such wonderful pictures. It looks like Savannah is settling in real nice. Thank you for sharing the pictures with us. I can't wait to hear all about how her adjustment to your family and routine is going. Such a beautiful parrot!!

aliray

Jan 28, 2012
Rotonda West , Fla
Parrots
yellow sided green cheek conure,Chiquita Quaker parrot Sweetie Pie, African red bellied parrot Tiki, spanish timbrado canary Lucas
Beautiful birds and I like the cages and playpens:)

OP
Blancaej

Blancaej

Apr 5, 2013
Middlebury, VT
Parrots
Pyschociricus - Thank you! I am lucky to have large rooms in my house. Benefits of living in the country! And thanks, she is my beautiful Savannah girl! I am lucky to have her.

Copper - Sinbad does seem to like her cage. She hasn't moved around much in it yet. It's so new I'm sure she is still not relaxed enough. She has been eating well though! I actually didn't get my perches yet that I ordered. So I kept the dowel way up high temporarily and put in her 2 perches from her old cage. But I hope to have 1 more natural perch for her tomorrow and I am planning on ordering one more so I can take the dowel out. Quincy has a rope perch that is sisal rope. They say that is the best kind to use with parrots. Sounds like Rosie does fine with cotton though. Which picture of Quincy are you talking about? The first one on his playpen. If so, he thought I was going to put him in his carrier to go to work so he was on the defensive. I think when I shocked him at work by accident the other day, it's really made him not want to come in with me. Hopefully he will get over it and I can start bringing him in again! Plus he really seems to hate the process of getting in his carrier. Not sure what I can do to improve that. By the way, I love your signature picture of your birdie babies!

Noblemacaw - Thanks! So far so good! Hopefully things will continue to go well. I've started her on Zupreem and have given her Nutriberries and she has eaten both today. Yay! She really liked the Nutriberries, but I'm not surprised. I'm just really glad she is eating the pellet diet, too! And thanks, she really is a beautiful bird. I feel so lucky to have found her! She is such a sweetheart.

Aliray - Thanks. I think the set up works well. I guess they will let me know if it doesn't. LOL! :)

Featheredsamurai

Aug 24, 2011
California
Parrots
African Greg
2 cockatiels
Copper - Sinbad does seem to like her cage. She hasn't moved around much in it yet. It's so new I'm sure she is still not relaxed enough. She has been eating well though! I actually didn't get my perches yet that I ordered. So I kept the dowel way up high temporarily and put in her 2 perches from her old cage. But I hope to have 1 more natural perch for her tomorrow and I am planning on ordering one more so I can take the dowel out. Quincy has a rope perch that is sisal rope. They say that is the best kind to use with parrots. Sounds like Rosie does fine with cotton though. Which picture of Quincy are you talking about? The first one on his playpen. If so, he thought I was going to put him in his carrier to go to work so he was on the defensive. I think when I shocked him at work by accident the other day, it's really made him not want to come in with me. Hopefully he will get over it and I can start bringing him in again! Plus he really seems to hate the process of getting in his carrier. Not sure what I can do to improve that. By the way, I love your signature picture of your birdie babies!

Yay, we'll need lots of pics when everything comes and you have it all set up. This forum loves photos ;)
Poor Quincy, I hope he makes up with you soon :( Getting shocked does hurt sometimes lol.
p-72309-52973-bird-cage.jpg

Thanks! Wendy made it for me on the forum precisely parrots :)

OP
Blancaej

Blancaej

Apr 5, 2013
Middlebury, VT
Parrots
JTBird - Don't you worry! I love talking about her & Quincy. I'm sure you can tell! LOL! :rolleyes:

Copper - Quincy is better. Just been on the defense in the A.M. I think it will get better in a few days. I know he likes being at work, it's just going back and forth he doesn't like. I may consider setting up a perch in the car so he doesn't need a carrier. I keep his wings clipped, but need to decide if that will work or not. We'll see! I just got him a new carrier but I'm trying to get him used to it by leaving it out for him to see. Maybe he thinks I brought Sinbad in the same kind of carrier and maybe I'm taking him somewhere elsel You never know! We never totally figure them out, do we! :D

I am going to try to go on Perfectly Parrot tonight. I signed up a few days ago but haven't had a chance to post yet!

OP
Blancaej

Blancaej

Apr 5, 2013
Middlebury, VT
Parrots
Thanks Greenwing!

Most Reactions