First bird

Minimaker

Jul 29, 2014
Illinois
Parrots
GW Macaw-Sailor, Goffins Cockatoo Mako, GC Conure-Tazzy, Turquoise Conure Yuki, Budgies-Percy, Annabeth, Elsa
Love his dark eyes, he's very pretty.

OP
L

Lump

Feb 19, 2015
Introducing the bird wall!

Last edited:
OP
L

Lump

Feb 19, 2015
Can only load one photo at a time for some reason?

Bird wall continued:

Last edited:
OP
L

Lump

Feb 19, 2015
Here's his cargo net.

Last edited:
OP
L

Lump

Feb 19, 2015
And changed his cage around a bit.

Last edited:

JamesC

Sep 3, 2011
Knoxville, TN
Parrots
Blue Crown Conures: Tootsie and Rosco.
Senegal Parrot: Sidney.

Feathers of the past:
Budgies: Sunshine, Digit, Kiwi, and Yahto.
Senegal Parrot: Kelly.
"Fly free, little ones. Love and miss you."
Ok, that bird is gonna have some fun! :)

Ann333

Jan 8, 2015
New Mexico
Parrots
--PUMPKIN - male YS GCC. Hatched Halloween Day 2014. Came home Jan. 4, 2015. Started talking in July '15!

-BUTTERNUT- female TYS GCC Hatched in late Jan. 2016 and came home March 14, 2016
Awwww. :) very handsome new friend you have there.

Ann333

Jan 8, 2015
New Mexico
Parrots
--PUMPKIN - male YS GCC. Hatched Halloween Day 2014. Came home Jan. 4, 2015. Started talking in July '15!

-BUTTERNUT- female TYS GCC Hatched in late Jan. 2016 and came home March 14, 2016
I think I have more fun buying the stuff!

Don't we all... haha then the birds play with a tp roll after we just spent $150 on toys... go figure. :)

OP
L

Lump

Feb 19, 2015
Thank you very much for the compliments!

Yea it's funny what they find amusement in. His favorite toy so far is my girlfriends ring.

Shade

Sep 27, 2011
Canada
Parrots
Piper - Peachface Lovebird;
Shade - Senegal Parrot;
Joey & Pixel - Red-bellied Parrots;
Petey & Zuri - Meyer's Parrots;
Léa - Cape Parrot
He's quite adorable :)

Grraarrgghh

Jan 5, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
Parrots
"Albert" - Female Red Bellied Parrot - 1y3m (Oct 8th, 2014), "Martha" - Unknown Yellow-Sided GCC - 11m (Feb 13th 2015)
Also I wanted to caution about having your Pedi-Perch so high in the cage (as I just noticed in the first pic). Most birds by default perch on the highest perch, even if it's not the most comfortable. If they frequently perch on a concrete perch, their nails will be duller/shorter (yay!) but they can also get abrasive lesions on the bottom of their feet (boo!). It's better to have it as one of the lowest perches, if not the lowest.

OP
L

Lump

Feb 19, 2015
Thank you very much for the advice! i actually switched the cage round yesterday, and unknowingly switched the pedi perch lower! He loves his ripe perch front of his sleep tent. But he's also all over the place!

OP
L

Lump

Feb 19, 2015
Just an update:

We are all loving Petri! He is a cuddle bug and isn't afriad of anything! He will snuggle right up to anyone and beg for scritches! He can sit he for hours getting a head and back scratch. I also taught to to come when called and step down very consistently. I also taught him to tolerate being wrapped up and picked up. He doesn't mind the harness but the one I got is too small so I actually havnt put it on yet.

Most Reactions

Latest posts