First time out with the harness!

Lesa1211

Mar 29, 2012
Pittsurgh PA
Parrots
Kia-Goffin Cockatoo, Paco-Indian Ringneck
I took Kia out in the yard today with the harness for the first time! She didnt mind putting it on, but once it was on she didnt like it too much, but she tolerated it. She loved picking at the grass and walking around. It was so cute.

On another note, Im wondering if Paco will ever act like a bird. He's so used to not having any toys in his cage that he doesnt bother with them now. How can I get him to play? I sat with him today and ate an orange, offering him some every so often of course. He did taste it, and didnt seem to care for it. But I noticed he watched me eating it. He's such a scared little bird. He seems to be getting used to the noises of my house. He's not so jumpy, unless I open the cage door to fill his food and water. When I sit with him he watches my every move. The only thing Ive been able to get im to eat besides is cockatiel seed, is some apple. So Im going to try bits of apple for clicker training that we'll be starting in a couple of days. I know I have to be patient, it's just sad to me that he just sits there, doesnt play or anything.

Most Reactions