Flight suite ?

427HISS

Jan 23, 2012
Nebraska
To anyone that has used a flight suite, I would appreciate your advice, opinions, information and even photo's. For going out, I like the idea of a harness & leash and the diapers.

One problem I see, is the parrot chewing on it thus destroying the suite/harness.

Wulfgeist

Feb 1, 2012
Winchester area, VA
I just actually came back inside with Jasper. He only has the aviator harness. When I first got Tico i was looking at the flight suits. After a short time he learned what "poop" meant and I learned to read his body language and knew when he had to go. I find this a much nicer alternative especially for the bird. I don't particularly fancy the diaper thing now, it's just not natural in my opinion.

Jasper is getting used to his harness to go outside and is doing alot better. I can get it on him without much trouble now, alot of the time he actually stands very still for me. Today he fussed a little but we got up late and his schedule was a bit off. I took him out and we walked up the mailbox at the front of the landlord's house. We are still working on the potty training thing and it will probably take a little time. I think he is getting better now as am I at reading his body language.

OP
427HISS

427HISS

Jan 23, 2012
Nebraska
lol,....Shelby's body language for a poo,.... is nothing. She raises her tail and a split second later, drops a missile.

We ordered the aviator harness and should be here this week. The flight harness,....just thinking how nice it would be to have a diaper instead of her pooping on my shoulder, someones carpet etc........

The diaper is not natural for us humans either. lol :p :D

Mare Miller

Banned
Banned
May 14, 2011
Media
sierra foothills of central California
Parrots
13yr. old male umbrella cockatoo,
we call him Amigo!

7yr. old Goffin cockatoo, she IS Sassy!!
Diaper?! Are you serious? I've never heard of such a thing for a bird! In my birdy catalog, I've seen a sort of shawl for your shoulders for sale that are made for that reason. Otherwise...**** happens!

OP
427HISS

427HISS

Jan 23, 2012
Nebraska
Avian Fashions-

Avian Fashions’ Video Library | Avian Fashions - Home of the Revolutionary Bird Diaper, the FlightSuit!

main.php

Lukask

Dec 9, 2011
Minnesota
Parrots
Luna- GCC, Stella- Caique
I am currently training my GCC in an avian harness. She hates it. The first time I put it on her she rolled around in circles for about 10 min and tried attacking the thing. She is slowly getting used to it. Now my issue is getting it on. She hates being restrained. Once I let her go she will fly around and go about her day. I haven't been outside with her yet. One small thing I did notice on mine is that the velcro back flap will flap open when just laying on my table. As a result, the velcro attaches to the fabric and makes the fabric 'fuzzy' looking in that spot.

Another thing about mine, the lanyard that came with it is super super short!! The one for conures is less then an arm length. I definitely will be purchasing a longer one when she's ready for outside.

Most Reactions

Latest posts