fluttering

jonsbabykake

Nov 9, 2010
Arizona, USA
Parrots
Mango the Sun Conure
hey guys,

mango is adjusting just fine, weve had her for a week and a day now. still no physical contact but she does take treats from your hand.

for about 2 days now, she does this thing where she flutters her wings, but they are closed. not like shes trying to fly, but its kind of like if a human does the chicken dance lol. she flutters them close to her body when she sees me. does that mean shes excited? :orange:

mellykyitus

Oct 22, 2010
Media
south wales UK
Parrots
Angel the blue and gold macaw, mimsy the lesser sulphur too, rocky the galah & willow the blue crowned conure.
yes i'd say so. baby chicks do this to get their parents to feed them. its like begging, either for food or attention. sounds like you're doing a great job x

Von1983

Banned
Banned
Sep 3, 2010
Media
hehe! Welcome to the beginning of being accepted!

"Pay attention to me!!!!"

May I advise that you get The Conure Handbook by Anne C Watkins?

It's very VERY good and has a whole section on what these little quirks and movements mean. Understanding your bird is the optimum way to bond. :)

OP
J

jonsbabykake

Nov 9, 2010
Arizona, USA
Parrots
Mango the Sun Conure
i thought i read that somewhere but i couldnt remember where and that might have been it lol. i did get a book from petsmart on conures and read it, and returned it, that might have been it. i didnt return it cuz it was a bad book it was just cuz i read the whole thing as was done with it, didnt really have the info i was looking for but i found that on the internet anyway. i might get parrots for dummies though :p

Von1983

Banned
Banned
Sep 3, 2010
Media
I doubt it would be that one or you wouldn't have made this thread lol.

Parrots for dummies is another great book but I always like to refer to my conure ones too as being breed specific, they offer more in depth answers in some area's.

Each to their own! :)

OP
J

jonsbabykake

Nov 9, 2010
Arizona, USA
Parrots
Mango the Sun Conure
i got the parrots for dummies book today and will probably read all of it and return it again lol. looks informative, but u are right, a species specific book is good to have on hand. i wish i could find one on just sun conures instead of all species of conure though. and an updated or more recent book would be ideal.

Most Reactions

Latest posts