Forced to move need to find parrots homes!

MarciaLove

Jan 4, 2012
USA Georgia
Parrots
Sugar the Blue Crown Conure♂, Merlin the Camelot Macaw♂
Sorry I haven't been very active at all lately I've been super busy with my new job and school and just my life in general. I am being forced to move out in three weeks and the place I am going to I cannot keep all my parrots :'( This is breaking my heart in so many ways and i was up til 2am last night crying and trying to find another way there just isn't one...... I need to find them wonderful homes and I am so afraid they wont get the homes they deserve! I am hoping to keep my Macaw and BCC but I have to find homes for my two lovebird males that are super sweet and fun! And my Lorikeet who well is ten buckets of crazy and needs an experienced bird person but he is soooooo loving and fun and is fully slighted and freeflight/recall trained he goes outside with me everywhere not on a harness never had any problems where when he gets scared he doesn't come back he has always come back. Does anyone know of a safe way to find them good homes I can still be in contact with?????

veimar

Feb 5, 2014
Chicago, IL
Parrots
gcc Parry; lovebird Coco; 3 budgies (Tesla, Franky and Cesar); cockatiel Murzik, red rump parakeet girl Onyx
Oh, that's so heartbreaking!! :( It feels like giving up your kids. ;( Maybe you could keep at least some of the birds - less noisier ones?

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
OP
MarciaLove

MarciaLove

Jan 4, 2012
USA Georgia
Parrots
thanks for the link will check out! I am hoping to keep my Conure (one of my first birds) and my Macaw who is actually the quietest one. But there is no way I can keep my lorikeet hes too loud and messy and my lovebirds will be too much cause they have a big cage and I wont have room for more than my conure and macaw

Phlox

Jun 16, 2014
I'm so sorry you have to rehome...though I know sometimes its right. I wish I was closer, since I've always wanted lorikeet..but I think WI to GA is too big a jaunt.

Good luck with your babies!

SilverSage

Sep 14, 2013
Columbus, GA
Parrots
Eclectus, CAG, BH Pionus, Maximilian’s Pionus, Quakers, Indian Ringnecks, Green Cheeked Conures, Black Capped Conures, Cockatiels, Lovebirds, Budgies, Canaries, Diamond Doves, Zebra Finches, Society F
I am so sorry to hear this! Finding a person who can handle a Lorikeet like that will be difficult, but not impossible. I was writing you a message offering to foster/ keep him until/unless you were able to move to where you could have him, but checking the state laws reveals they are illegal in Hawaii, and I already know you are not allowed to bring Lovebirds in :( Maybe another established member will be able to give your feather babies the homes they deserve. I am so sorry you are having to do this.

I am not sure where you are located in GA but I know a woman near Atlanta who is a retiring breeder (I got my Pionus and one of my GCCs from her) her name is Carmen and she owns Brightwood Aviaries. She might know of someone looking to adopt the species you are looking to rehome. Googling and emailing her may be worth your time.

OP
MarciaLove

MarciaLove

Jan 4, 2012
USA Georgia
Parrots
I am a half hour north of Atlanta thanks I will check her out!

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
I am so sorry to hear you have to rehome some of your babies:(
I am hoping that maybe a member could take them so you could still see them.
Best of luck in finding them the perfect home.

kq_fan

Jun 26, 2013
Media
Seattle, Washington
Parrots
Lilo - Female Green Cheek Conure ~ Pal - male cockatiel ~ Pheobe - female cockatiel
Oh I wish I could help!!! I am so sorry this happened! I would so take the three for you if I could! :( I'm a bit of a hop a jump, and a skip away though....

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Sorry to hear this, a terrible situation we all would dread facing.

Have you exhausted all opportunities and brainstormed solutions with friends, family, etc? Sometimes consulting a wide variety of acquaintances helps thinking "out of the box."

Best of luck, hope you find great homes and personal comfort if this becomes your only option.

SilverSage

Sep 14, 2013
Columbus, GA
Parrots
Eclectus, CAG, BH Pionus, Maximilian’s Pionus, Quakers, Indian Ringnecks, Green Cheeked Conures, Black Capped Conures, Cockatiels, Lovebirds, Budgies, Canaries, Diamond Doves, Zebra Finches, Society F
Also, did you get any of them right from the breeder? The original breeder of your birds might be willing to help find homes.

henpecked

Dec 12, 2010
Media
NC/FLA
Parrots
Jake YNA 1970,Kia Panama amazon1975, both i removed from nest and left siblings, Forever Home to,Stacie (YN hen),Mickie (RLA male),Blinkie (YNA hen),Kong (Panama hen),Rescue Zons;Nitro,Echo,Rocky,Rub
I think Carmen @ Brightwood is down sizing right now. I know she is moving some of her birds. Might just be amazons (that's what she called me about anyway). I doubt a breeder will want strange birds added to her flock. I know Merlee (i think she's banned) and BoysMom live in your area. I think weco doesn't live too far away.

SilverSage

Sep 14, 2013
Columbus, GA
Parrots
You are correct that she is downsizing :) I was more thinking that she has lived in that area for many years in the parrot community and might know someone who is looking for these specific birds. Her downsizing is how I came by Flick, Sam, and Lady. When we went to pick them up my husband fell deeply in love with a Panama Amazon, but the timing was way wrong and it was not an option.

OP
MarciaLove

MarciaLove

Jan 4, 2012
USA Georgia
Parrots
I didnt get any from the original breeder no. they were all rehomes and im still brainstorming idea with my friends and boyfriend to try and keep them but it doesnt look good.....

SilverSage

Sep 14, 2013
Columbus, GA
Parrots
We will keep hoping.

weco

Nov 24, 2010
USA
Parrots
Nanday, suns, parrotlet, Patagonian
I think weco doesn't live too far away.

As the crow flies, we're about 50 miles apart, but via roadway, maybe 75 ± miles away.....

I haven't responded because I don't think I'm going to expand my flock past my current five birds...the resident birdsitters are both away at school & have their own agendas when home...the birdsitter I used when I traveled so much is no longer just down the street, so when we want to go somewhere for longer than a night or two, I have to go get her & her two teenaged granddaughters she has custody of.....

I checked with a couple of people I thought might offer foster homes, but both declined, so had nothing to offer the thread.....

Most Reactions