Found A Severely Abused Burmese Python Today

Sadie

Feb 24, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Parrots
Scout- SI Eclectus
It is so horrible what people can do to animals! I am sorry it didnt work out but thank you so much for doing what you could! there need to be more animal advocates out there!
I was so relieved comming here this morning after almost loosing my best friend over a puppy. Long story short no one spayed/neutered and now a friend ended up with 3 4 week old puppies that she thought would be just like 8 week olds and is aken back by how hard it is! (she got them from a friend who gave the whole litter away at 5 weeks cause she was about to have a baby and couldnt be bothered finding them homes) i also freaked about the socials of it and how the dog needs to learn from its mom/littermates to learn dog language and bite inhabition....errrrr.
She is hopefully turning them over to me today so i can teach bite inhabition and socialize them with my "pack" although i am a bit upset as i was really wanting to focus on bringing my bird home and be there for him...what can you do....
Anyways hope i didnt take over your post! i just felt the need to vent and let you know i understand all too well what your going through...
Keep in good spirits, and know ther are so many more out there that need you!!!

Also, i dont know where in pa you are, but are you familiar with forgotten friends reptile sanctuary in manheim pa? Its near hershey but im sure they would love to help or give you some publicity on the rescue end?

Last edited:
OP
IcyWolf

IcyWolf

Jul 5, 2011
Etters, Pa
Parrots
~Alexandrine Parakeet~2 Red Lored Amazons~Blue Fronted Amazon~Black capped conure~4 Green Cheeks~4 Parrotlets~2 lineolated parakeets~9 American budgies~9 English budgies~ And lots of babies :)
Forgotten friend was the first place we attempted to contact but unfortunately, we couldn't find a phone number anywhere and had to email them. Once I realized how severe her injuries were, we knew we couldn't wait to hear back from the rescue so we just took her to the vet ourselves. I've since posted on their facebook page asking for any help they could give in finding whoever did this and getting some media coverage but I haven't heard back from them.

Sadie

Feb 24, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Parrots
Scout- SI Eclectus
I'm shocked. normally Jesse is great with getting in contact with people. If its worth anything (717) 626-4903 That is the number. I just thought it may help with getting the word out to catch the person that did this. We got our sulcata from him and he is really nice and loves his reptiles. good luck!

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
When I saw it on facebook I was disgusted. We've done our fair share paying vet bills saving animals that we took in. Part of the reason why our credit card bill gotten so high. We almost got it paid off soon. Then we have our windows and gutter to pay for....lol....it never ends....

Those people who did this to him will get what they deserve!!!!

OP
IcyWolf

IcyWolf

Jul 5, 2011
Etters, Pa
Parrots
~Alexandrine Parakeet~2 Red Lored Amazons~Blue Fronted Amazon~Black capped conure~4 Green Cheeks~4 Parrotlets~2 lineolated parakeets~9 American budgies~9 English budgies~ And lots of babies :)
Just wanted to update, we got the snake back from the vet, we found out that he is a male, not female and it actually wasn't a microdermal like the vet had originally though, it was a pellet, apparently they shot him with a pellet gun! We have named him brunner(pronounced Brew-ner) since he was abandoned near Brunner Island.

I will call jesse and see if he can help get the word out some more so we can try and find the people responsible for this.

I really can't thank you guys enough. We have surpassed the half way mark on paying off his vet bills and three quarters of the donations was from you guys. I really can't thank you enough, we paid for the bill with a care credit card and we have 6 months to pay it off before we have any extra charges and I have no doubt that we will be able to do that thanks to all of your help.

We have had an interview with the newspaper and I am currently speaking with one of the local news stations, hopefully we can find out who did this, at least then Brunner wouldn't have suffered and died for nothing and we can hopefully teach this person/people a lesson and keep them from hurting anyone else.

Ria

Jun 6, 2011
Media
Albums
Uk, Hampshire / Gosport
Parrots
Indian Ringneck: Damien

RIP: Dempsey & Winston
I could cry knowing he was shot, like an execution that failed... how horrible, HORRIBLE!
Poor thing, snakes are beautiful, and so gentle, it makes me angry.

OP
IcyWolf

IcyWolf

Jul 5, 2011
Etters, Pa
Parrots
I could cry knowing he was shot, like an execution that failed... how horrible, HORRIBLE!

I completely agree, we also believe that the stab wound in his neck was another failed attempt to kill him. I just don't understand why people can't just take two seconds to find a new home for their pets instead of torturing and abandoning them like this. It's just so heartbreaking.

roxynoodle

Dec 1, 2011
I'm glad to hear. Brunner is a nice name.

Our animal cruelty laws leave a lot to be desired, but at least if they are caught, everyone will know what horrible, evil people they are. I suppose that is something, and with the internet these days it will spread like wildfire.

roxynoodle

Dec 1, 2011

I completely agree, we also believe that the stab wound in his neck was another failed attempt to kill him. I just don't understand why people can't just take two seconds to find a new home for their pets instead of torturing and abandoning them like this. It's just so heartbreaking.

Yeah, I don't understand either. I'm sure a lot of people would have been happy to have a large python. And the fact that they made 2 crappy attempts to kill him, but failed and just let him suffer makes me sick to my stomach right now.

OP
IcyWolf

IcyWolf

Jul 5, 2011
Etters, Pa
Parrots
I'm glad to hear. Brunner is a nice name.

Our animal cruelty laws leave a lot to be desired, but at least if they are caught, everyone will know what horrible, evil people they are. I suppose that is something, and with the internet these days it will spread like wildfire.

With help from the vet, humane society and the spca, we have filed a police report and if we can find these people they will be charged with animal cruelty. Now we just have to find them.

Sadie

Feb 24, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Parrots
Scout- SI Eclectus
I'm really happy your seeing it through, i hope he gets justice! What is seriously wrong with people! i am such a firm believer there should be a lot more that goes into getting a pet than your ability to fork out the money or read a free craigslist ad! I have seen more than my fair share of animal cruelty and neglect and it never gets any easier! And i agree roxy, they really need to do something about the laws and punishment that goes with animal cruelty!

I feel terrible i cant donate right now. My daughter just had a birthday and i just went easter shopping....i also found myself running to the pet store this morning to stock up on puppy supplies and formula... along with the killer vet bill i will have getting these guys evaluated by our vet...it really never ends when you care about animals...

Last edited:

roxynoodle

Dec 1, 2011
All true, but look at what some people do to their own children. They put their babies in garbage cans, abuse, mutilate and kill them. I just don't understand how we can be such thinking, emotional beings and yet so many do these things.

suncon97

Jul 31, 2011
Parrots
Pearl-African Grey-Hatched Apr. 28,2011
That is all so horrible:( I just don't know what is wrong with some people....

OP
IcyWolf

IcyWolf

Jul 5, 2011
Etters, Pa
Parrots
I think I just found the owners! This ad was just posted on craigslist:

MY NAME IS MELISSA HILL-SELL AND I JUST WANTED TO APOLOGISE.. WE HAD GOOD REASON FOR ABANDONING IT, WE DINT EXPECT IT TO GROW THAT BIG AND WE COULDNT AFFORD TO KEEP FEEDING IT. I WILL GLADLY PAY THE VET BILL PLEASE CALL 717-580-2401 AND QUESIONS OR CONCERNS

I am on the phone with the vet right now and we are contacting the police as well. This is inexcusable and I don't care how sorry they are.

roxynoodle

Dec 1, 2011
OMG. I can't believe she responded, and worse, I can't believe she doesn't think she did anything wrong! Probably you should have gotten the money for the vet bill and then called the police. Then you'd have her address, too.

Of course now the whole world has her phone number. I'm not going to call her myself, but I might take a perverse pleasure in others calling to tell her what they think of her.

OP
IcyWolf

IcyWolf

Jul 5, 2011
Etters, Pa
Parrots
I was instructed by the vet not to call her, the ad has been removed already but I have taken a screen shot of it and printed it out. I need to get ahold of the spca but unfortunately they closed at 7pm. One of the other girls involved in the rescue is speaking with the police now, I'm not sure any other details. If this all goes through, it looks like we will be refunding donations. :)

Most Reactions