Found A Severely Abused Burmese Python Today

Sadie

Feb 24, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Parrots
Scout- SI Eclectus
Anyways...She accepted and looking through her pics (if this is in fact her) She has a gun she said she was going to kill herself with before her husband stepped in and she is all better now. Some marijuana supplies.. about 6 dogs and 4 diff repriles but they all look in really good shape! and in appropriate set ups. She is obviously an animal rescue person.... No snake pics though...just a skink and some turtles. Im wondering if she maybe works with forgotten friends or maybe even gotten the snake from him? his adoption fee is only 50 per reptile...

BillsBirds

Jan 9, 2012
Largo, Florida
Parrots
Timneh African Grey (Bailey), Lovebird (Elvis)
God, this sickens me so! But, having been in Animal Cruelty investigations, I can tell you that they will take this to the end. She, or whoever, will definitely be found out, and prosecuted. I almost wish I was part of the investigation. Justice shall be Brunners! Thank you again, Icy & everyone involved. It is my honor to be involved with such a group of caring, responsible people.

OP
IcyWolf

IcyWolf

Jul 5, 2011
Etters, Pa
Parrots
~Alexandrine Parakeet~2 Red Lored Amazons~Blue Fronted Amazon~Black capped conure~4 Green Cheeks~4 Parrotlets~2 lineolated parakeets~9 American budgies~9 English budgies~ And lots of babies :)
I have been scouring her facebook(what I can see of it) and most of their animals seem to be cared for pretty well, it's the weirdest thing, all over her facebook is stuff about rescuing animals yet she just admitted to abandoning a snake? Something doesn't make sense so I hope we figure it out soon.

Sadie, let me know what you find out, if you find any pictures of a burmese python, send them my way, you can post them here(if no one minds) or email them to me at [email protected]

I'm just trying to find out if this was a legit confession or just someone trying to get this girl in trouble.

Our article in the YDR was just posted, it's right on the top of the first page of their website too! Here's the link, it's so sad, I cried reading it :(
Mutilated python found in York Haven - The York Daily Record

Sadie

Feb 24, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Parrots
Scout- SI Eclectus
Very good yet sad article. It really does bring me to tears. It does seem like she may be being blamed for something? The animals in her pics look very loved and healthy. Most of her posts are about her animals or how she cant stand animal abuse...She hasnt written anything regarding it on her wall but if something comes up i will email you. It is just really not sitting right with me that someone that concerned with animal welfare would do this. She even has a puppy up for rehoming that she is wanting 50$ for so clearly that is an option for her?

OP
IcyWolf

IcyWolf

Jul 5, 2011
Etters, Pa
Parrots
~Alexandrine Parakeet~2 Red Lored Amazons~Blue Fronted Amazon~Black capped conure~4 Green Cheeks~4 Parrotlets~2 lineolated parakeets~9 American budgies~9 English budgies~ And lots of babies :)
They did just add the burmese python to the invasive species list making it a felony to transport them across state lines, they may have thought they were illegal entirely and tried to dump him.

I really hope that this isn't a wild goose chase and if it is, I will tell the girl that she should pursue charges against whoever posted the ad. But I won't know for sure until we can have the police subpoena craigslist and get the original posters ISP.

Ugh, my brain hurts...

Remy

Jul 13, 2011
California
Parrots
Darcy (Golden-Collared Macaw), Puck (Caique - RIP)
If her animals appear well taken care of, I can't help but think that maybe somebody else is trying to incriminate her. Maybe somebody that doesn't like her. If that's the case, she may know the person who actually did it. She doesn't sound like a terribly stable person though.

Sadie - The news article said that some of the injuries were fresher than others, and referred to scar tissue around where he was shot... This shows that the abuse happened over an extended period of time...

Whatever happened, I REALLY hope they catch the person who did this! Not to mention, serial killers often start with animals before moving to humans... D:

Mayden

Apr 22, 2010
UK.
Parrots
Merlin & Charlie (Senegals)
Donated.

Keep us updated Icy, we're all hoping for some justice for Brunner.

roxynoodle

Dec 1, 2011
Hmm, sounds like it may not be her after all:confused: I did wonder that thinking, is she really that dumb to post a CL ad after all this? And as suggested, she maybe did dump it, but someone who found it did the physical abuse.

I'm glad the paper printed an article about it. You are a good person, Icy, for everything you have done.

Sadie

Feb 24, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Parrots
Scout- SI Eclectus
It is really strange. Why would someone open their home to all these dogs, cats and reptiles and preach all day on FB about animals but then take the time to mutilate one snake? It does seem like someone is out to get her. I am really hoping the truth comes out in this one...
Thank you icy, this has to be frustrating to you...
Did you find her fb profile by her name or by the email address on the reply?

roxynoodle

Dec 1, 2011
Yeah, I have a hard time comprehending how you could be an animal rescue person and then commit a savage act like that. Whoever did it though obviously was hesitant since they didn't finish the job. Let's hope it's not a budding teenage serial killer. But, somebody has to miss that snake if it's owner didn't do it. If it was taken from someone's yard or something you would think you'd be seeing ads asking for the return of the snake.

I do wonder if someone just set her up?

MaddieD

Mar 28, 2012
Whoever did this is going to hell! :( Maybe you should look into an animal insurance plan for her to help pay for the vet bills. Idk ... they might not agree if this is considered a "pre-existing condition"... Maybe try like a vet discount program? Like United Pet Care, or Pet Assure, instead of pet insurance. Good luck and god bless your soul!

OP
IcyWolf

IcyWolf

Jul 5, 2011
Etters, Pa
Parrots
I found her facebook page by using her phone number. Apparently the woman from the newspaper called the girl and she said she didn't know anything about it, that she doesn't have any snakes. The animal officer and the police are still looking into it though.

The story made the front page of the newspaper, was featured on our local fox station and may be picked up by our local nbc station as well.

I will keep everyone posted as I find things out.

ann

Feb 18, 2011
USA
Parrots
1 nanday conure Black Jack, 1 Brotogeris parakeet Whiff, 1 ring neck dove Eliza, and 6 society finches (3 are tame). RIP my parent pairs of societies and my little gouldian finches
what a horrible thing to do, if they really didn't want it, all they had to do was give it up for adoption, stabing the poor thing is inexcusable. you did an extremely kind and selfless thing, don't worry, the storm will pass soon, what goes around comes around (in a good way :) ) perhaps you might want to look into pet insurance, every summer a different one of our cats comes down with some sudden life threatening emergency, it always happens around the same month and gets more expensive each time, so we are considering pet insurance for the future. i would love to pitch in but being only 15, i cant really do much, but i'll try :). good luck and God bless!
sorry for the smilies in a sad thread, just hopping to cheer you up a bit :0)

Last edited:

roxynoodle

Dec 1, 2011
The problem with pet insurance is it won't cover the expenses of an animal you found like what happened here to Icy :-( Nor will they cover pre-existing conditions so if you're going to get it, get it as soon as your bring home the critter. Getting it now for my cat, or Merlin probably wouldn't do me much good. And right now I can barely afford my own health insurance, as is true for so many. I know when I checked into it for the horses the premiums were so high, I just said *gulp*, I think I'll take my chances! And so far with them I've made out having less vet bills than the insurance would have cost. Not true for all my pets though, unfortunately.

OP
IcyWolf

IcyWolf

Jul 5, 2011
Etters, Pa
Parrots
Thank you Ann, and you never have to apologize for smileys. I've considered insurance but with the amount of animals we have, it's more cost effective just to save money back ourselves. After this ordeal I am looking into getting a care credit card for them though. That is how we paid for Brunner's vet bills, that we have six months to actually pay it off without any interest fees.

Last edited:

roxynoodle

Dec 1, 2011
My bird vet has offered me that as well. I will probably be taking her up on it soon. I almost asked my cat vet today, but after hearing about my bird, he only charged me $18 for the shot she got, and nothing for the office visit:) I was just thinking, oh, God, why couldn't she wait until I got paid again on April 1 before she got sick again, too.

When they told me $18 I had to ask if that was really what they said rather than $80, lol!

OP
IcyWolf

IcyWolf

Jul 5, 2011
Etters, Pa
Parrots
Wow, it sounds like you have a really great vet! I love ours, she is helping us the best she can with building a case for Brunner, she was so upset when she had to put him down, I could tell she was doing everything she could not to cry. Here's a short clip from the news yesterday. Animal Cruelty: Burmese Python Abused and left to Die - WPMT

roxynoodle

Dec 1, 2011
I didn't expect that. I almost cried from relief and gratefulness. He's very sympathetic about my situation though. He has pancreatitis also, but apparently he functions better with it than I do. But, we've been discussing our horrid diets and how hard it is to eat right.

I will definitely watch your news clip in the morning. Volume is off and I don't want to wake up the birds, but I'm so glad you are getting this news coverage, and that your vet has been so wonderful about the bill, and in helping catch these people.

What's your gut feeling about the FB chick?

OP
IcyWolf

IcyWolf

Jul 5, 2011
Etters, Pa
Parrots
I really don't even know what my gut feeling is anymore. I almost think that the person that posted the ad is responsible or covering up for whoever is responsible and they are trying to pin it on this girl. Luckily, the police should be subpoenaing craigslist to obtain the ISP of whoever posted the ad so we should know who posted it soon.

I'm almost 100% sure that this girl isn't the one that hurt the snake, in one of her comments she mentioned about how she has a plated lizard that came to her only eating live pinky mice and she just can't feed any of her animals live so she was trying to get it to eat other food. If she can't bring herself to feed a pinky to a lizard, there is no way she did this to Brunner.

I'm eagerly awaiting what the police and the animal officer have to say, I'm also going to go back to posted on craigslist, it seems to reach a lot of people that way. It's just oh so tedious since someone keeps flagging my ad, oh well, I'm not about to quit now...

Most Reactions