Found A Severely Abused Burmese Python Today

roxynoodle

Dec 1, 2011
No, you did the right thing by letting the authorities handle her and anyone else who was involved. Smart thinking taking the picture of the ad; it was only a matter of time before she removed it (after the first phone call I'm sure) or it was flagged.

I do hope they make her pay you for the vet bill.

OP
IcyWolf

IcyWolf

Jul 5, 2011
Etters, Pa
Parrots
~Alexandrine Parakeet~2 Red Lored Amazons~Blue Fronted Amazon~Black capped conure~4 Green Cheeks~4 Parrotlets~2 lineolated parakeets~9 American budgies~9 English budgies~ And lots of babies :)
I printed it out as well, if this is actually the person responsible, they will most likely be responsible for the vet bill and charged for abandonment, abuse and releasing a non indigenous reptile into the wild.

I will keep everyone posted and make sure your donations are refunded if all of this goes as planned.

roxynoodle

Dec 1, 2011
I certainly hope it's this easy. Of course someone who knew she did this might have put up the ad, but either way, if it's her, this is at least some positive news. Keep us posted.

Sadie

Feb 24, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Parrots
Scout- SI Eclectus
Some people....wow! really? how stupid do you have to be when you seriously think releasing it is an option!!! There are plenty of people who would have loved that snake! instead it had to suffer? And she lived so close to a designated reptile rescue!!! They really need to make it harder to own pets.
Calling to harass her certainly wouldnt be the right way to go about this but in my own way im praying other people think it may be :) Hopefully she will get what she deserves, but knowing our current laws it wont be much of a lesson....
Great job though!

roxynoodle

Dec 1, 2011
Some people....wow! really? how stupid do you have to be when you seriously think releasing it is an option!!! There are plenty of people who would have loved that snake! instead it had to suffer? And she lived so close to a designated reptile rescue!!! They really need to make it harder to own pets.
Calling to harass her certainly wouldnt be the right way to go about this but in my own way im praying other people think it may be :) Hopefully she will get what she deserves, but knowing our current laws it wont be much of a lesson....
Great job though!

Stupid enough to post an ad confessing! I so hope she has to pay for this in this life, too!

OP
IcyWolf

IcyWolf

Jul 5, 2011
Etters, Pa
Parrots
~Alexandrine Parakeet~2 Red Lored Amazons~Blue Fronted Amazon~Black capped conure~4 Green Cheeks~4 Parrotlets~2 lineolated parakeets~9 American budgies~9 English budgies~ And lots of babies :)
This is getting worse, I found her facebook page, I can't even see half of her pictures but she has a lot of other animals, other reptiles, dogs, cats, a huge indoor pond(looks really expensive) and even saltwater fish including stingrays. Yet she couldn't afford to feed this snake, we just bought 16 large frozen rats for $25!

She is even friends with Forgotten friend reptile rescue!!!! She actually lives closer to the sanctuary than where she dumped the snake.

Sadie

Feb 24, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Parrots
Scout- SI Eclectus
that is nauseating! and it breaks my heart! I'm assuming with animal cruelty charges the pets will be removed form the home...
god help those animals....

OP
IcyWolf

IcyWolf

Jul 5, 2011
Etters, Pa
Parrots
that is nauseating! and it breaks my heart! I'm assuming with animal cruelty charges the pets will be removed form the home...
god help those animals....

We're going to do everything we can to see that that happens. My friend that helped rescue the snake is very active in dog rescue and she has mutual rescue contacts with this girl.

Sadie

Feb 24, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Parrots
Scout- SI Eclectus
ok..forgive me i did my creeping on FB. Her face disgusts me! and being a former pit bull recuer i am soooooo p****d That she owns so many of these poor dogs! i want to take them from her!!! regardless, they all look like they are in good condition so hopefully they remain so until authorities take over (hopefully). Kind of upsetting a fellow animal rescue person wouldnt have more sence then to think of an animals safety and make use of sanctuarys....
ive got nothing else...just really upset by the whole situation...

roxynoodle

Dec 1, 2011
There is the possibility that this really isn't the person. I'm hoping it is so she is caught, but maybe we shouldn't already assume it is? I am going to try to stop judging until I know. Of course I shouldn't judge anyone, but I'm human and I do when whatever they've done is this aggregious.

OP
IcyWolf

IcyWolf

Jul 5, 2011
Etters, Pa
Parrots
I agree that we do not know that this is the right girl but I think the odds are pretty good given the evidence we have at present. but because we don't know for sure, that is why I haven't posted a link to her facebook or anything else, her information was posted publicly on craigslist and I can't help that.

Just want to add, the York Daily Record is running our story in tomorrows paper and the animal officer for the York County SPCA has been informed of all of this and is currently gathering all of our evidence against her and writing up a report right now.

I just wish I could see all of her pictures, I want to see if there are any pictures of Brunner on her facebook, that would confirm it 100% for me. Unfortunately, most of her pictures are set to private and I am obviously not able to send her a friend request and neither can any of my facebook friends since that would allow her to see my posts as well since they made that stupid "friends of friends" can see your posts thing.

roxynoodle

Dec 1, 2011
I hope it's her, IcyWolf and that this ends with justice. It's too bad you can't see all the pictures. I didn't know about this friends of friends thing. Another reason I need to stay off there, lol! I have had the bad habit of dating idiots all my life and I'm being stalked there.

Although I didn't go on my motorcycle forum for a couple of weeks and scared everyone over there and one of them traced me to here:D He said I hope that didn't scare you, and I didn't mean to internet stalk you. I said oh, you're not the first. Yes, I admit when motorcyclists disappear that can scare everyone. They all know I'm still alive now so I guess I better not do that again. I've been spending a good portion of my day talking to another member here and neglected the other forum.

Sadie

Feb 24, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Parrots
Scout- SI Eclectus
im sorry. i know it was wrong... i just couldnt help myself. im horrible at judging...
but if you need a devils advocate...i can try to friend her. my pic is a pitbull so she may not think about it lol. just let me know. other than that good luck.

roxynoodle

Dec 1, 2011
You know what? Try it, Sadie. At least you might be able to give us confirmation, and Icy needs that.

HalfInsane

Dec 23, 2011
British Columbia, Canada
Parrots
Pixel: female senegal, hatched Dec 15, 2011
I'm not trying to excuse the woman who dumped the snake, but isn't it possible the owners dumped him and someone else was responsible for the injuries? I can't see her messaging you (if it is really her) if they were responsible for trying to kill him.

Sadie

Feb 24, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Parrots
Scout- SI Eclectus
requested...so who knows..
i think it is quite possible she just dumped it but at the same time, thats why there are open door shelters and sanctuarys. She probably isnt thinking she is at fault for everything but she should at least know the outcome of her decision.
If she does end up accepting my request i am not going to say anything to her at all. Just look through her pics and save any images that may help. I dont want to hurt the investigation in any way.

luvmytooo

Dec 22, 2011
New York
Parrots
*Yoshi* Goffins Cockatoo
* Rosie*Rose Breasted Galah
*Stella*Hyacinth Macaw
*Baby*Catalina Macaw

*Multiple Parakeets*
She didnt act surprised or concerned about what killed the snake , just that she dumped it. That leads me to think she did do those horrible things to him.

HalfInsane

Dec 23, 2011
British Columbia, Canada
Parrots
Pixel: female senegal, hatched Dec 15, 2011
requested...so who knows..
i think it is quite possible she just dumped it but at the same time, thats why there are open door shelters and sanctuarys. She probably isnt thinking she is at fault for everything but she should at least know the outcome of her decision.
If she does end up accepting my request i am not going to say anything to her at all. Just look through her pics and save any images that may help. I dont want to hurt the investigation in any way.

Oh no I absolutely agree; whether it was her or not, I think she is still ultimately at fault for what happened. I'm just saying she might not be the only one involved.

Most Reactions