Found budgie

MomofMango

May 20, 2022
Media
Alberta
Parrots
Scarlet Macaw, Mango
Near Calgary, AB.

I was taking a nap and my husband was outside making a friend. We plan to take the little one to the vet this week and he's isolated away from our Scarlett macaw.

She doesnt like me, but the sweet song she was singing to my husband....ah she's cute. He/she?
*pics removed*

Last edited:

Keet_Krazy

Feb 19, 2023
Parrots
Budgies:
Obsidian (M), Snowflake (F), Sunbeam (F), Emelia (F, English), Alinta (F, Bush), Mahlee (M, Bush), Moonstone (M)
Galah:
Quarter (Not DNA'd)
Other:
Quail and Chickens
Hi, good luck finding the owner!
I do recommend you take the pictures down though. Ask any one claiming to be the owner all identifying questions. What colour is the budgie? What gender? Does it have a legband? Etc. This ensures you don't give the budgie to someone just looking for a free pet.
Female btw ;)

OP
MomofMango

MomofMango

May 20, 2022
Media
Alberta
Parrots
Scarlet Macaw, Mango
Yeah I posted it elsewhere on internet on fb etc, but did not include pics as people do tend to lie. I thought this was a safe space, so thank you, promptly removing them.

Thank you for the gender ID.:)

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Near Calgary, AB.

I was taking a nap and my husband was outside making a friend. We plan to take the little one to the vet this week and he's isolated away from our Scarlett macaw.

She doesnt like me, but the sweet song she was singing to my husband....ah she's cute. He/she?
*pics removed*
Hi @MomofMango! Thank you for taking this little one in and keeping her safe :) Have you checked out the website linked below?

The owner may have her listed there, and you can also post that you've found her there if you haven't already done so.

I hope you can reunite her with her family! 🙏

OP
MomofMango

MomofMango

May 20, 2022
Media
Alberta
Parrots
Scarlet Macaw, Mango
Hi @MomofMango! Thank you for taking this little one in and keeping her safe :) Have you checked out the website linked below?

The owner may have her listed there, and you can also post that you've found her there if you haven't already done so.

I hope you can reunite her with her family! 🙏
Thank you. We contacted vets and the shelter, but no one is missing her. I will check this site!

We hope to have her find her home as well because she seems fairly tame, but we also don't mind if she stays with us.

Most Reactions