Fractured Spine

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Awww, I am so glad to hear Ri is back in charge and shouting orders! I hope it doesn't take a year or two before you are able to relax, but if it does, I understand. Ri is truly a miracle and I am so happy for both of you.

OP
SennieSlave

SennieSlave

Dec 8, 2013
UK
Parrots
Senegal
Thanks Allee. Yes, he has even more of a sense of entitlement than before.
Good job I love him. ;)

OP
SennieSlave

SennieSlave

Dec 8, 2013
UK
Parrots
Senegal
Ah, thank you. :smile015:

He is back to being a little clown with a big attitude.

He tells me off, if I won't let him do something he wants and he knows he rules the house again. He's got all his confidence back (a little too much some days).

I look at him strutting around, with his alpha male ego and it makes me smile.

I'm still trying to stop him doing too much hanging upside down etc but he's very stubborn and independent.

He's on my lap right now, trying to steal my toast and fluttering his eyelashes at me. That's a tactic he uses, if just grabbing it doesn't work.

He's back to being loud and quite hyper - though I make sure he's still having his afternoon naps, so he's properly rested.

He gets a little bit out of breath sometimes and he can look a little uncomfortable if he overfills his crop. I think that's because his back is permanently bent now, and all his insides have shifted over a little. But he is coping so well and has a great quality of life. He is enjoying every minute of it.

I know how lucky I am to still have him - and I truly appreciate that every single day. :)

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Thank you SO much for the most amazing and wonderful update!!! :)

I've got goosebumps now. Love prevailed! :smile015: Hugs to you again, just because you are one very special parront.

RainbowRose

Aug 6, 2014
Oh wonderful! :jumping40 I am so glad you had such amazing luck, that is truly a miracle. So many people lose birds being sick etc but a fractured spine and surviving?! Miracle. So happy for you. I am so excited!!!! :1218::59:

OP
SennieSlave

SennieSlave

Dec 8, 2013
UK
Parrots
Senegal
Thank you both - he amazes me every day.

I know how lucky and blessed I am at having such a little fighter. I'm still more anxious than usual with him but am starting to relax a little.

He's currently sitting on the window sill, looking out and making shooting noises at the stray cat that's in the garden. :D

Once again - thank you to everyone who sent prayers and support. It really did make a difference and I appreciate it so much. :smile015:

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
So glad to hear Ri continues to thrive!

Every bird and parront deserve such a miracle of recovery!

Amanda_Bennett

Sep 27, 2014
Gresham, OR
Parrots
Zilla 29 Y.O. Orange Wing Amazon
So glad to hear he is getting back to his normal self! You are a wonderful parront and he is lucky to have you caring for him like you do!

Good job! :D:D:D:D

Taw5106

Mar 27, 2014
Texas
Parrots
Buddy - Red Crowned Amazon (27 yo)
Venus - Solomon Island Eclectus (4 yo)
Buzz CAG (2 yo)
Sam - Cockatiel 1997 - 2004
Tweety - Budgie 1984 - 1987
Sweety - Budgie 1985 - 1986
Maybe hanging upside down will stretch things out, lol. Joking! I'm so glad to hear he's doing so good. Sounds like he's going to keep you in line for a long time, lol.

Most Reactions