Free treat... For my parrots at least

winston.stuger

Dec 18, 2017
Found this new treat for my parrots. They absolutely love it. When I give it to them they leave only the string for me to clean up in minutes. Best of all, it grows everywhere in my neighborhood. Now I can save some money because I don't have to buy millet as often [emoji39]
bb40db99638a5c05720953b744fc2333.jpg
d066a5b2cf986baf741331e4613be55a.jpg
cb17a77b2c62c15308ecdb91ca1281a2.jpg

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONE E1003 met Tapatalk

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Since you are using a Dutch phone service its highly likely you are in Holland. Since, I am in North America, I would have very little knowledge as to what type of Plants you are feeding your Parrots.

Anytime you are feeding available greens from the fields near your home, it is a very good idea to know what you are feeding to your Parrots and whether the land owner uses any chemicals on the land /plants.

So, double check what you are in fact feeding them. Highly likely that it will not be a problem, but it is proper to verify!

FYI: Love your Parrots, neat pictures!

Last edited:
OP
winston.stuger

winston.stuger

Dec 18, 2017
Since you are using a Dutch phone service its highly likely you are in Holland. Since, I am in North America, I would have very little knowledge as to what type of Plants you are feeding your Parrots.

Anytime you are feeding available greens from the fields near your home, it is a very good idea to know what you are feeding to your Parrots and whether the land owner uses any chemicals on the land /plants.

So, double check what you are in fact feeding them. Highly likely that it will not be a problem, but it is proper to verify!

I'm in Suriname. The seeds are from a sort of grass. I pick them from a yard next to ours. It's perfectly safe. We have a lot of wild parrotlets and small amazon's here and they also eat from it.

The only thing I don't know is how often I can give them this.

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon

I'm in Suriname. The seeds are from a sort of grass. I pick them from a yard next to ours. It's perfectly safe. We have a lot of wild parrotlets and small amazon's here and they also eat from it.

The only thing I don't know is how often I can give them this.

Well, that makes sense you would have Dutch equipment.

So, lucky your are, free seed!

As a food source it would be a split between Greens and Seeds.

Not a diet expert with your Parrots. That will need to come from someone with more knowledge of your Parrots.

Most Reactions