GCC regurgitating non-stop

ONBirdLady

Dec 23, 2014
Canada
Parrots
Green Cheek Conure, Quaker Parakeet
Anytime my GCC is out with my mother, or when she is in her cage with her toys, she regurgitates non-stop. She was regurgitating into her ball, and onto my mothers hand. Since the end of February, she has been doing 'construction' in her cage, moving around her cage bedding and stuff. The regurgitation has just started recently. Do birds go into spring heats?

She has done this once before, but this is the first time in a few years. When she is just sitting onto of her cage, she doesn't do it. But when she's with my mom, she runs around like a crazy GCC does, but then she will 'knock' on my moms hand, and then regurgitate on the hand. Anytime she goes to regurgitate, she 'knocks' on something before, then does it. Should i be concerned? She's eating, drinking, poops are normal.

PS. were not entirely sure that she is actually a she. We've never got a DNA test or anything, just assuming.

Last edited:

Luna

Banned
Banned
Mar 10, 2012
Canada
Parrots
I have Psittacidae
Re gurtitation on toys I have observed frequently by either male or female I even tried to explain this to a womand that told a friend " he is doing you know what on his perch" . I didn't know what but as it was messy the only thing I could think of was food. The Knock would be normal. Definally have "her" sexed. Don not let anyone pet by stroking down over the rump to the tail. This a sexual advance that you do when trying to have a male ejaculate sperm.

Most Reactions

Latest posts