getting new conure

Crazyformybaby

Dec 9, 2013
Australia
Parrots
Will soon have a sun conure
hi I am new to parrotforums. I have been doing heaps of research on parrots and decided 1 month ago to buy a green cheek conure. I have 6 breeders that I am going to go and see in 2 weeks. I have fully committed to loving and caring properly for my bird and want to have it for as long as possible. we are travelling to Brisbane for a holiday and are picking up the bird after the cruise. we have 3 days to visit all the breeders then it will be at least 3-4 days before we get back home. I am worried that the bird will be stressed out during the trip home (we are driving). should I be concerned or am I overthinking? thank you.

also does anybody have any proven training methods? thanks again!

Freespin

Nov 28, 2013
Waikato New Zealand
Parrots
Male senegal - Stephen. Previously Barry - Male Barraband
Nelson - Male Eclectus
I wouldn't stress to much about the trip home, having them in a dark crate can settle them and just make sure the temperature isn't to extreme in the car and im sure he will be just fine =D

I have just started with clicker training for my boys and i think its a great clear cut way to start. Have a look on youtube, there are a ton of great training videos =D

OP
C

Crazyformybaby

Dec 9, 2013
Australia
Parrots
Will soon have a sun conure
thank you so much. I think I have been doing too much research and its all clouding my head! also, clicker training and touch training both sound like good options, will be sure to buy a clicker when I get all of the supplies:)

Most Reactions