Gift exchange?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShellyBorg

Apr 8, 2013
Redding, CA
Parrots
TAG Spirit,RLA Danny,Senegal Damon, Parrotlet Opal, B&G Paris
As I am a stained glass artist I vote for bird and bird related also! You can't leave the human out of the flock!

henpecked

Dec 12, 2010
Media
NC/FLA
Parrots
Jake YNA 1970,Kia Panama amazon1975, both i removed from nest and left siblings, Forever Home to,Stacie (YN hen),Mickie (RLA male),Blinkie (YNA hen),Kong (Panama hen),Rescue Zons;Nitro,Echo,Rocky,Rub
User name
name (optional)
Address
Interested in swapping with international members(extra shipping)
Bird's name
Species
Toy likes
Toy dislikes

Entries must be in by 11/15
You will be notified by PM on 11/22
Presents should be shipped out by 12/10
International should be shipped by 12/3
Please gift wrap if possible, international members might want to contact vendors in the native country to purchase toys and save on shipping. ie; Crystal's Bird Toys in Canada or maybe some Aussies can provide vendors down under.

just my .02 worth

Last edited:

ShellyBorg

Apr 8, 2013
Redding, CA
Parrots
And this would be PMed to the person in charge? May be add in some human info. (Size shirt ect.)

We would need to come up with a post count or at least Senior Member to be involved. That would weed out the people who just want free stuff with no plans to send anything out.

brianlinkles

Aug 17, 2011
Oakwood, Ohio
Parrots
i am the mom of three parrots:
Dorothy- African grey (cag)
Bowie- blue and gold macaw
Nellie- hyacinth macaw
Reggie- hyacinth macaw
Marnie- white bellied caique
Who should we pm about this?

Boysmom

Nov 17, 2011
Atlanta, Georgia
Parrots
Ruby- Solomans Island Grand Eclectus ***
Flora- Panama Amazon
If we have multiple birds can we apply for more than one exchange partner, if we take one more than one exchange partner ? Or maybe group multiple owners with a partner with the same count of birds ? That way we send out the same amount of gifts we would like to receive. That way all our fids get a gift ?

Boysmom

Nov 17, 2011
Atlanta, Georgia
Parrots
Ruby- Solomans Island Grand Eclectus ***
Flora- Panama Amazon
To The members who have done this with other forums, how was the issue of possible spread of disease addressed ?

MonicaMc

Sep 12, 2012
Media
Parrots
Mitred Conure - Charlie 1994;
Cockatiel - Casey 2001;
Wild Caught ARN - Sylphie 2013
There's also the possibility of doing gift certificates to an online store rather than choosing gifts to send.

I've seen it done on other forums but never participated in the events mainly due to money constraints around the time the gift giving has been done. Mostly though, it's a "secret santa" kind of deal. You don't know who you are getting a gift from, but you know who you are sending a gift to... and it's up to you whether or not you want to disclose who that gift came from. If you choose to tell the person who they got their gift from, you can only mention it within the box that you send *OR* after they get their gift, but not before then.

brianlinkles

Aug 17, 2011
Oakwood, Ohio
Parrots
i am the mom of three parrots:
Dorothy- African grey (cag)
Bowie- blue and gold macaw
Nellie- hyacinth macaw
Reggie- hyacinth macaw
Marnie- white bellied caique
I think we should not put too many parameters on it. I think if someone has one bird or ten then the person with the ten birds might get something great for themselves or one or several of their birds. I think that we can try and find something special for that person. I think it gets too complicated to try and match up people etc. My two cents.

henpecked

Dec 12, 2010
Media
NC/FLA
Parrots
Jake YNA 1970,Kia Panama amazon1975, both i removed from nest and left siblings, Forever Home to,Stacie (YN hen),Mickie (RLA male),Blinkie (YNA hen),Kong (Panama hen),Rescue Zons;Nitro,Echo,Rocky,Rub
I agree. keep it simple the first time and if you want to change things next year ,you'll know better how to do it. maybe who ever is going to be in charge should start a membership with "Secret santa" as a user name. They could take in the entries and pair folks up and notify them. I would also suggest only new/unused toys, things that can be sterilized, No food product, That sort of thing.

jugoya

Mar 7, 2013
Shreveport, La USA
Parrots
Porter (Broto); Fuggles(Budgie)
I'm a silversmith... so when it comes to jewelry....

heehee.

When this goes down the human side and the bird side will get a gift xP.

As all of my homemade toys can be safely placed in the oven for 'cleansing...'...

At least on my end I don't think disease would be an issue.. though anything I get would have a two week quarantine with a vinegar bottle and bucket.

*Chuckles*

ShellyBorg

Apr 8, 2013
Redding, CA
Parrots
We take the chance of "dirty" toys everytime we order from anywhere. I would not worry about it.
As matching up people my fear is having a mac owner matched to a budgie owner. That could be problematic. Maybe choose one flock member to be the reciplacant of this swap. As much as I would LOVE a toy for each of my chickens, I know Paris needs some toys bad. So I would chose her this time, next I would look for another flock member and so on.

MonicaMc

Sep 12, 2012
Media
Parrots
Mitred Conure - Charlie 1994;
Cockatiel - Casey 2001;
Wild Caught ARN - Sylphie 2013
I'm a silversmith... so when it comes to jewelry....

heehee.

When this goes down the human side and the bird side will get a gift xP.

As all of my homemade toys can be safely placed in the oven for 'cleansing...'...

At least on my end I don't think disease would be an issue.. though anything I get would have a two week quarantine with a vinegar bottle and bucket.

*Chuckles*

Ok, now you've got me curious! Do you have a website or anything showing the items you've made?

noblemacaw

Sep 23, 2011
Parrots
Valentino - Red Fronted Macaw - Hatched August 12, 2012
This sounds like a wonderful idea. I am always buying Valentino and Julio things so it would be nice to GET something for myself or pamper another form member with gifts for THEM. LOL.

If this goes off I would like to participate also. I love sending surprises in the mail to people. (GOOD surprises not freaky ishy ones)

OP
GinaF

GinaF

Aug 13, 2013
Utah
Parrots
B&G macaw
As soon as I get permission from our amazing moderators, I'll start organizing it and post a list of rules.

Mods? Please can we go outside and play?

I do want to stress that Parrotforums.com would be in no way responsible for this. It would simply be an event between members and if you decide to participate, you agree to release the site, it's owners, moderators or members from any liability resulting in illness, injury or death.

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
As soon as I get permission from our amazing moderators, I'll start organizing it and post a list of rules.

Mods? Please can we go outside and play?

I do want to stress that Parrotforums.com would be in no way responsible for this. It would simply be an event between members and if you decide to participate, you agree to release the site, it's owners, moderators or members from any liability resulting in illness, injury or death.

Go for it Gina!

I believe this will bring our community even closer together. It's a BRILLIANT idea!! :D

OP
GinaF

GinaF

Aug 13, 2013
Utah
Parrots
B&G macaw
Alright. It's posted in Off Topic for anyone who wants to join.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most Reactions

Latest posts