Golden Conure

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Presently have six Greenwing Macaw (17 yo), Red Fronted Macaw (12 yo), Red Lored Amazon (17 y.o.), Lilac Crowned Amazon (about 43 y.o.) and a Congo African Grey (11 y.o.)
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
I have an approximately one year old Golden conure who is about the sweetest bird alive... except there is no "off switch." She's hyper, and jealous of the other birds, and is refusing to acknowledge boundaries... she's been a tough one to train cuz... no off switch. And yes, she has discovered "the conure spot." Wish I could post pictures.

Illigers

Jun 19, 2018
Curious how you got on with training him/her? Sounds tough, what do you think the best way is to teach bounderies to a flighted bird? Goldens sound amazing from what I read about them. Maybe one day we will have one too.

texsize

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Oct 23, 2015
Media
so-cal
Parrots
1 YNA (Bingo)
1 OWA (Plumas R.I.P.)
1 RLA (Pacho R.I.P.)
2 GCA(Luna,Merlin) The Twins
1 Congo AG (Bella)
5 Cockatiels
I have an approximately one year old Golden conure who is about the sweetest bird alive... except there is no "off switch." She's hyper, and jealous of the other birds, and is refusing to acknowledge boundaries... she's been a tough one to train cuz... no off switch. And yes, she has discovered "the conure spot." Wish I could post pictures.
I did not see this when originally posted.
If you are still having issues I would recommend reaching out to a woman with the YouTube channel Parrot bliss.
she has and raves about the golden conure or “queen of Bavaria “ she may have ideas.

Most Reactions