Gong to have to just lurk here....

Buzz2537

Aug 16, 2013
NJ
Parrots
Hahn's Macaw
AND enjoy everyone's stories and pictures of their Greys. I would have loved to have been able to be owned by a Grey and have a friend for my little Hahn's Macaw. So many have said that their powder is nothing like the Cockatoo, but I took in my dad's 20 year old Cockatiel because dad's health is failing and man I have terrible allergies. Who would have thought such a tiny parrot would throw off so much dander. i know I have severe asthma to the Cockatoo, but a friend has three Greys and has no issue yet has allergies to the Toos. I do not want to take a chance and have the heartache of having to give up a Grey do to allergies. Seems the ones I love the most (Cockatoos and Greys) I have allergies too. Guess it will just be my Hahn's Hahnna and I. Hope you all don't mind if I stop by amd enjoy your babies. Elaine and Hahnna

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
Well, maybe you and Hahnna will one day find the perfect 'non powdery' friend:)

The powdery species are some beautiful birds, but I personally don't care for all the powder. It's messy on dark clothing, and doesn't clean off easily on surfaces. I especially love the look of a Timneh Grey, but I guess they're powdery too.

Most Reactions

Latest posts