Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Peanut knew you were there to the last. I am so sorry to hear this news. The pic posted says it all, how much you loved him. SO Peanut will not be forgotten , I have made a donation in Peanuts name to the Cornell University's Vet program, specifically directed to be for parrot related studies and programs. It pains me every time I do this but makes me glad that a loved parrot will be remembered.

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
My deepest condolences, very sorry to hear of Peanut's tragic accident. I hope you are comforted by sweet memories.

BeatriceC

Feb 9, 2016
San Diego, CA
Parrots
Goofy (YNA), Oscar (Goffin 'too). Foster bird Betty (RLA). RIP Cookie, 1991-2016 ('tiel), Leo (Sengal), Charlotte (scarlet macaw). Grand-birds: Liam (budgie), Donovan (lovebird), RIP Angelo (budgie)
I'm so sorry.

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
OMG!! NOOOOOooooooooo!!!!! Oh YUM I am so so SO sorry to read this!! Just when Peanut was on the mend! Your photo explains it all :02::02:

My deepest condolences to you and Jazz!
My heart breaks for the both of you..

Jim

EllenD

Aug 20, 2016
State College, PA
Parrots
Senegal Parrot named "Kane"; Yellow-Sided Green Cheek Conure named "Bowie"; Blue Quaker Parrot named "Lita Ford"; Cockatiel named "Duff"; 8 American/English Budgie Hybrids; Ringneck Dove named "Dylan"
Oh I'm so, so sorry...I was hoping that he would recover fully and thinking about him, as head and neurological injuries can be so complicated. I lost my first Green Cheek in a similar way and there is nothing but time that will make it better. He knew that you loved him dearly. You're in my thoughts.

"Dance like nobody's watching..."

OP
YUMgrinder

YUMgrinder

Mar 20, 2017
Cheyenne, WY
Parrots
-Jazz, Normal Grey Cockatiel /

-Chessie, Pearl Cockatiel /

-Perry, Black capped Conure /

-JoJo, Pineapple GCC /

3 little busy Budgies
It's been a sad week without him. I spend a lot of time with Jazz now and I think for now it will just be us. Maybe I'll look into finding an older bird to rescue at some point. My gf moved peanuts cage into storage so I don't have to look at it and sulk. Thanks for all the nice words. I hope to feel better in the coming weeks.

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
It's been a sad week without him. I spend a lot of time with Jazz now and I think for now it will just be us. Maybe I'll look into finding an older bird to rescue at some point. My gf moved peanuts cage into storage so I don't have to look at it and sulk. Thanks for all the nice words. I hope to feel better in the coming weeks.

We all grieve in different ways, some keep the thoughts inside, others are more talkative. Please find whatever works for you, but know we are here for you. If you'd like to create a thread in the Bereavement section, I can move the appropriate posts from here to there. Just let me know if that will help.

OP
YUMgrinder

YUMgrinder

Mar 20, 2017
Cheyenne, WY
Parrots
-Jazz, Normal Grey Cockatiel /

-Chessie, Pearl Cockatiel /

-Perry, Black capped Conure /

-JoJo, Pineapple GCC /

3 little busy Budgies

We all grieve in different ways, some keep the thoughts inside, others are more talkative. Please find whatever works for you, but know we are here for you. If you'd like to create a thread in the Bereavement section, I can move the appropriate posts from here to there. Just let me know if that will help.

Yea that is fine, you can move it if you want. I'm more quiet about how I mourn but I must say when it happened I haven't cried like that in a long time. It turned into anger at one point and I put a hole in the wall with my fist. I feel that life is being cruel to me. He should still be here with me, dancing away and singing with me.

I miss you peanut. :orange:

Most Reactions

Latest posts