Great afternoon outside

tab_xo

Aug 9, 2012
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fargo- Blue and Gold Macaw
Fargo has gone outside every day this week, think this is his 5th time now!

He didnt bite the harness at all this time, he was great!

I am just so happy he wears his harness, there is no greater feeling just lying in the grass in the afternoons with your bird on your arm

and i just love, when the sun hits his feathers, you can tell how much he loves it, and he just does this huge shake and fluffs his feathers up soaking in the rays!

Also! I love Fargos eyes, at first i thought i loved baby macaw eyes, how they are really dark, and i wanted Fargos to stay dark forever hahaha
But i actually really like Fargos eyes now they are lighter, it makes him seem more cheeky and gives him a personality, if that makes sense.. They arent super light, but they arent dark, just this grey, you can see the colour in the pictures of when we are lying down!

So some pictures!

Going for a walk

Then lying down

and just before the walk when we were having play time and was lying there just looking at me super cutely :

and videos of him being crazy like usual while i was trying to watch my show haha he did this for about 2 hours
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQw24UO3IGI&feature=youtu.be"]fargo playing - YouTube[/ame]
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gbB01zlyF4&feature=youtu.be"]fargo playing again - YouTube[/ame]

Ahhh i just love the harness! haha
and we did our first flight recall ever outside as well, was so special !

Jtbirds

Banned
Banned
Mar 6, 2013
Pennsylvania
Sounds like you guys are having a blast, its very nice outside so i have been taking my crazys out as well and i love it when its so nice going for runs and so on... went for a 10mile run today and it was just great, enjoying the outside without it being cold and so on:).

fargo is a goofball playing like he does i can say none of my macaws play that much lol!

ruffledfeathers

Aug 23, 2012
Media
NJ
Parrots
Gilbert Oliver, Blue Crown Conure; Georgie, Sun Conure (2/8/01-8/8/12) RIP little girl; Percy, budgie 1993-1999. RIP Pepito-spanish timbrado canary
YAY, i'm so happy for you and Fargo. I love taking my bird outside too. With Gilbert liking his harness, it's way more fun and "free" than how i took Georgie out in a carrier or cage. They look GORGEOUS in the sun.

OP
tab_xo

tab_xo

Aug 9, 2012
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Really Justin, 10 miles ? :eek: hahaha
I think Fargo likes afternoon walk rather than mid morning/ mid day.. The weather is nicer :)

and yes, goofball sums it up, especially when he falls down and just lays there at a strange angle hahaha

Thanks Ruffledfeathers :D It is very freeing hey :) Glad Gilbert likes his harness, makes stuff much easier! :p

Fargo is still very clingy to me outside, he doesnt like it if i put him on something, he just wants to stay with me, even when i was lying down he just stayed on me instead of walking around haha

Do you think over time he will get braver and explore?

Jtbirds

Banned
Banned
Mar 6, 2013
Pennsylvania
I bet with some more time he would defiantly start to explore, this is all new to him? So in that case he is taking some time to think Bout everything before he does it....

Yea I had off today and got bored I am paying for it now I got a headache:(

OP
tab_xo

tab_xo

Aug 9, 2012
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Ok! Good, he is getting better on the ground, but he wont step onto an object yet! He has only been out 5 times now, so he still sits there just watching everything, its like a whole new world haha ;)

Ohhh wow, maybe you shouldnt walk so far! :p Do all your birds wear harnesses?

ConureCrazy

Jun 13, 2012
Media
California
Parrots
Senegal: Oliver ~~
Yellow-Sided GCC's: Bella and Zora ~~
R.I.P Tweeters the Cockatiel<3
Aww! I'm jealous, to be honest, lol. ;) None of my birds would et me harness them, though we're working on it.. :p

Blancaej

Apr 5, 2013
Middlebury, VT
Parrots
CAG Quincy - BD 3/27/00. Gotcha 6/00 ~ GW Macaw Savannah - BD 6/21/93. Gotcha 4/13 ~ B&G Macaw Coqui - BD 9/3/03. Gotcha 10/13 ~ Blue Crown Conure Sidney - BD Unknown Approx 5 Years Old. Gotcha 6/15/
My 6 year old and I really enjoyed the vidoes of Fargo playing. He is just so darn cute!!

Chesphoto

Feb 10, 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
Parrots
Skittles - scarlet macaw
Fargo the explorer! He looks like he is having the best time. Thanks for sharing the videos and photos. They always make me smile.

goalerjones

Oct 24, 2011
Parrots
Hahn's macaw, RIP George, Jenday Conure
The pictures are mostly upside down. On a PC this would be as much of a problem but on my ipad I wind up chasing them as it continually rights itself.

OP
tab_xo

tab_xo

Aug 9, 2012
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
The pictures are mostly upside down. On a PC this would be as much of a problem but on my ipad I wind up chasing them as it continually rights itself.

For some reason on my ipod touch, pictures are ALWAYS upside down, but on the computer its fine.. no idea why :p

OP
tab_xo

tab_xo

Aug 9, 2012
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Thanks guys, glad you liked them, he is a strange boy ;) haha

We went out yet again this afternoon, this time we went down near the creek, and he was so excited, and just raised his wings, i think maybe because there was water in the air? i am not sure, but had to hold his foot because i wasnt sure if he was about to take off haha

We walked for 30 minutes, then we sat on the grass for 30 minutes ! As you can tell he is just a littleeeee bit clingy lol

Then he was just sitting on my knee! He is so pretty haha

and he doesnt try to fly away at all, so at least he wants to stay with me hahahaha

noblemacaw

Sep 23, 2011
Parrots
Valentino - Red Fronted Macaw - Hatched August 12, 2012
I love his colors in the outdoor pictures. He is a very beautiful bird! The colors are so vibrent it is very apparent that Fargo is healthy, happy and is taken care of very well.

Today it is 70 degrees. Warm enough to take out Valentino for the first time. I am going to wait until Lupe gets home from work so we can take pictures of him outside in his harness. Hopefully Valentino will enjoy it as much as your Fargo does.

ruffledfeathers

Aug 23, 2012
Media
NJ
Parrots
Gilbert Oliver, Blue Crown Conure; Georgie, Sun Conure (2/8/01-8/8/12) RIP little girl; Percy, budgie 1993-1999. RIP Pepito-spanish timbrado canary
Fargo is so beautiful, i just want to give him a big hug. My Gilbert was outside a LOT of today too, because i was home from work and had my coffee outside this morning in the sun with Gilbert on my shoulder, then was weeding a while with him on my shoulder (he was having trouble holding on because i was in a tank top, LOL, so he got a workout actually with his balancing act while i was tugging weeds and he was struggling to stay put). He had lunch with me outside too. He thinks i should never have to go to the office again. (so do i! hahaha)

OP
tab_xo

tab_xo

Aug 9, 2012
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Hahaha Well i take better care of Fargo than i do myself :09: I only take pictures on my ipod so it doesnt really do his colour justice :p

Look forward to seeing pictures of Valentino outside :D fingers crossed he likes it!

Oh yeah, Justin, didn't i tell you that i actually have a human body but a birds head?!? Must of slipped my mind, whoops :09: :54:

Thanks! He is beautiful :eek:

Hahahahaha Ruffledfeathers, i can just picture little Gilbert wobbling about while you were weeding :D How dare you go into the office, you must stay outside all day ;) How many hours do you think he is out on his harness for?

Question! When Fargo goes out into town or we visit somewhere, should i take him in a travel cage in the car, or just hold him on my lap in his harness?

reptileguy

Apr 23, 2013
NC
Parrots
There not mine but they feel like family after working with them daily.
-bunch of love birds
the first video you posted of you two playing i didnt realize you were watching a movie at first and thought you were on skype or something getting asked out, i was like "awkward" haha. really cool pics and vids though, seems like he has a cool personality.

Jtbirds

Banned
Banned
Mar 6, 2013
Pennsylvania
Well tab for the safety of the bird I must say a carrier, but as a hypocrite I take them with me without a carrier in my lap. I feel like even if the animal is in a accident a carrier is not gonna save them and I'd rather have them die on or with me then in a carrier.... So it is your personally choice, but I do allow my guys on my lap over a carrier most f te time.

Most Reactions