Great breeder

RescueMe

Mar 28, 2012
King George, VA
Parrots
"Sparky" the Blue and gold macaw, "Jax" Red fronted macaw, and "Little Bird" peach faced lovebird
I have always been a rescuer, and have not been a big fan of the breeders and pet stores I have encountered. That being said, I had a great experience talking to a breeder named Brian Douglas of Micro Brood aviary. I found him via this forum and was interested in taking to him about hawk heads since they are never in rescues. He was wonderful, knowledgeable, and truly loves his birds. If anyone is looking for a brd from a breeder I would recommend giving him a call. :blue1:

Matt

Apr 24, 2012
Oklahoma
I would consider this breeder if I lived closer. I am from Oklahoma. I know people get their birds shipped to them but that is something that i am really unsure about.

QuackQuack

Oct 20, 2011
Midwest USA
Parrots
KITTY: Pineapple Green Cheek Conure (2 year old)
BODE: Nanday Conure (5 years old)
KIWI & BLUE: English Budgerigars (RIP after 10 years)
I've seen his birds around. I always hear excellent reviews on him from buyers and even just potential buyers. He seems to have a consistent available bird list, as well.

luvmytooo

Dec 22, 2011
New York
Parrots
*Yoshi* Goffins Cockatoo
* Rosie*Rose Breasted Galah
*Stella*Hyacinth Macaw
*Baby*Catalina Macaw

*Multiple Parakeets*
What kind of birds does he breed ?

jewels04

Feb 4, 2012
Parrots
JJ-sun conure hatched roughly 1/16/2012

Cinderella-white and blue female budgie hatched 4/08/12

Rigby-white and blue male budgie hatched 5/05/2012
That is where JJ is from! He is AWESOME! He answered my emails with a phone call and was really patient with us when we picked out JJ and introduced us to a lot of really nice birds. So nice as to the point where my husband wants to get a macaw from him...and my husband is not an animal person.

jewels04

Feb 4, 2012
Parrots

What kind of birds does he breed ?

different types. Sun conures, macaws(blue and gold I know and a couple other types), CAG's, S.I. eclectus, and cockatoo's. maybe other ones too.

Cliffordsmom

Mar 6, 2012
Oklahoma
Parrots
Sun Conure (Clifford), two budgies (Odin and Diana), and CAG (Bongo)
I would consider this breeder if I lived closer. I am from Oklahoma. I know people get their birds shipped to them but that is something that i am really unsure about.
Matt, im in Oklahoma so is my breeder :)

luvmytooo

Dec 22, 2011
New York
Parrots
*Yoshi* Goffins Cockatoo
* Rosie*Rose Breasted Galah
*Stella*Hyacinth Macaw
*Baby*Catalina Macaw

*Multiple Parakeets*
I also looked him up to see what species they breed.
I also might consider them when the time comes.......which isn't soon enough !

jewels04

Feb 4, 2012
Parrots

I would he is a very good guy! I am sure we annoyed the crap out of him until we got our JJ but anytime I called or emailed him he got back to me the same day and he always called never emailed. The only acception was the last email that I sent him he emailed me back the next day and I totally understand his reasoning for him not getting back to us and I feel bad for getting on him like I did. Even now if I have questions/concerns or pictures he will respond to my emails if it's just an update he'll email back but if I have a question or concern he calls me up as soon as he gets a chance.

we went to his house twice and both times the house was extremely clean and well kept I just have nothing but good things to say about Brian!

I do agree about rescuing whenever possible but with us having small children we wanted to go with a breeder as you never know what kind up upbringing a rescue bird had. We did go through a rescue when we had our cockatiels, one we bought from a breeder and one we got through a rescue. But just with getting a sun conure we wanted to know exactly where they came from and didn't want to risk getting an older adult who wouldn't work out we figured getting a baby straight from a breeder they would work out better with our family.

Last edited:

Most Reactions