Green cheek rubbing?

mimi88

Feb 23, 2013
Australia
Parrots
Margarita (Scaly Lorikeet) Boo (Musk Lorikeet) ChiChi & KoKo (GCC) Sooky & GiGi (Fischer Lovebirds)
Hello :) My green cheek ChiChi (unsexed but I call her a she) who is around 9 months old always rubs her back against her happy hut, when she is on me she will do the same against the sleeve of my jumper. Just wondering if this may be a sexually linked behavior or if she just likes a good old back scratch? LOL thanks :)

Grenage

Jun 1, 2012
Portsmouth, UK.
Parrots
Aizen: YS-GCC
Rubbing is generally a sexual behaviour. It's ok when it's happening in the cage, but you'll want to stop it when they're on you. ;)

OP
mimi88

mimi88

Feb 23, 2013
Australia
Parrots
Margarita (Scaly Lorikeet) Boo (Musk Lorikeet) ChiChi & KoKo (GCC) Sooky & GiGi (Fischer Lovebirds)
Ahhh I had a feeling it was. She also rapidly bops her head in a regurgitating manner to both me and my husband when our hands are near her beak. Any idea if the back rubbing is a more male or female "thing to do"? Planning on getting her DNAed in the next month or so either way, but in the mean time i'm very curious!! :)

JasmineGCC

Oct 4, 2012
England
Parrots
Jasmine my pineapple green cheeked conure, hatched 17 April 2012
Jasmine my confirmed female GCC rubs her back on her happy hut and cage - it's sexual and she has done it a lot this spring so we avoid anything other than head scratches at the moment

OP
mimi88

mimi88

Feb 23, 2013
Australia
Parrots
I have a strong feeling ChiChi is a female, she's a pineapple too. How old is Jasmine? What should I do when she starts rubbing my arm, put her back in her cage?

Edit
Sorry just saw that she was born in April, ChiChi was born toward the end of 2012, seems like she is getting hormonal pretty early on

Most Reactions

Latest posts