Green cheeked conure diet and breeding

Sandeep

May 5, 2013
India
Parrots
Cockatiels
Hello members,i am sandeep from india.i just now brought a pair of green cheeked conure chick (3 months age) from a breeder.they are confirmed pair and DNA certified.the breeder had only one adult pair and there was 6 chicks in the first clutch,from which i got a pair.but i heard that same bloodline should be paired.pls help me members about their details regarding breeding,diet,housing,caring and medicines given to them.pls reply soon.

Attachments

• Photo0114.jpg
    Photo0114.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 1,669
  • Photo0115.jpg
    Photo0115.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 803
  • Image1088.jpg
    Image1088.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 1,175

Kalidasa

May 8, 2013
Media
Michigan
Parrots
1 green cheek conure (Kumar)
2 male budgies (Charlie and Diego)
Whether you go with a pellet or seed dominant diet, make sure they get plenty of fresh veggies, fruits and greens. And I've found that they absolutely love (shelled) pine-nuts. They're perfect to use as rewards for taming/training. Make sure you start taming them right away. They're really, really smart, and lots of fun!
Since you're in India, the plant Tulsi (holy basil) should be readily available. (I grow it here in the U.S.). Tulsi leaves and flowering stalks are extremely good for them. It makes the perfect green part of they're diet. Just offer it every day, I clip some in they're cages with a wooden clothes pin. Once they try it (it may take a while) they're hooked!

Last edited:

MonicaMc

Sep 12, 2012
Media
Parrots
Mitred Conure - Charlie 1994;
Cockatiel - Casey 2001;
Wild Caught ARN - Sylphie 2013
If you want to breed green cheek conures, then please get unrelated birds to pair up with the two you have. It is not good to breed siblings together, as it can result in genetically weaker offspring that may be more prone to health problems.

Most Reactions