green sun conures?

Boyd75

Mar 14, 2014
Brownwood, Tx
Parrots
Quaker Parrot, Roman
Do all baby sun conures start out with full green wings and backs, then change to yellow and they get their new feathers?

Pinkbirdy

Feb 26, 2013
Clifton Springs Newyork
Parrots
macaw,LS2,congo grey,2Blk Hd caiques,Hawkhead,yellowstrk lory,Blue frnt amazon,sun conure ,Yellow sided greencheek ,Goffin ,Rosebreasted Cockatoo,Greenwing Macaw,Blue and Gold Macaw,Nanday conure,Ecle
Yes I think so . I was convinced "My Sun" was a hybrid. So much green [they really change as they get older]

MangieSun

Jan 22, 2014
California
Parrots
Mangie- Sun Conure
Pixel- cockatiel
Jasper- bare eyed cockatoo
Mangie is 8 months and she still has about 50% green. I've read that by two they have their full colors.

MonicaMc

Sep 12, 2012
Media
Parrots
Mitred Conure - Charlie 1994;
Cockatiel - Casey 2001;
Wild Caught ARN - Sylphie 2013
I've heard that it can take 6-8 years for the larger conures to attain their full adult coloration. Since my first two conures were easily in their pre-teens (if not older) when I got them, their coloration has not changed.

My third conure was about 3 1/2 when I got her and she actually looks more green now than when I first got her! So I suspect that her coloration *will* change as she gets older! (and she ought to be about 4 now)

Do all baby suns start out green? No.... but most do.

Pied sun conures may be born pretty yellow, and the more they are bred to be yellow, the more the chicks are born yellow. You can see in the following thread.

http://www.parrotforums.com/conures...n-conure-babies-become-darker.html#post120896

Most Reactions

Latest posts