What color are these sun conure babies?

Sybil

Oct 20, 2021
Parrots
Sun conure
My sun conures laid eggs again this year. They laid four but only two hatched. The babies are starting to get their feathers. Iā€™m a bit worried one might be a bronze baby. Iā€™ll have to wait a week or so to tell. Iā€™m hoping itā€™s just a high red factor. If you look at the wings it looks red and green not blue like a bronze. Only time will tell. Itā€™s the baby on the left that Iā€™m worried about.
IMG_6679.jpeg
IMG_6683.jpeg
IMG_6691.jpeg

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
I'm not sure about the colours, but they are off the charts in the cuteness
department ā¤ļø

OP
S

Sybil

Oct 20, 2021
Parrots
Sun conure
I'm not sure about the colours, but they are off the charts in the cuteness
department ā¤ļø
Thank you! I spent a good amount of time yesterday cuddling them šŸ’• They are extremely sweet.

OP
S

Sybil

Oct 20, 2021
Parrots
Sun conure
Hereā€™s some more pictures of the babies. Iā€™m really hoping that this one isnā€™t a bronze. I think the other one might be a red factor. I wish there was more information online about the bronze babies.
IMG_6718.jpeg
IMG_6717.jpeg
IMG_6716.jpeg
IMG_6714.jpeg

Free as a bird

Jul 29, 2023
Parrots
2 cockatiels
Awww they're sooo cute.
Not sure what colors they will be I think you just have to be patient and let time take its course

OP
S

Sybil

Oct 20, 2021
Parrots
Sun conure
Iā€™m taking daily pictures to show the progress of their colors šŸ˜† they are super cute.

GambotheGreyt

Feb 8, 2024
Parrots
Currently.. congo african grey

texsize

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month šŸ†
Oct 23, 2015
Media
so-cal
Parrots
1 YNA (Bingo)
1 OWA (Plumas R.I.P.)
1 RLA (Pacho R.I.P.)
2 GCA(Luna,Merlin) The Twins
1 Congo AG (Bella)
5 Cockatiels
What is the concern with "bronze "? I am entirely unfamiliar with the color and the concern. I do with you luck! I loved my Sunny šŸ˜
I have been wondering the same thing. Since I donā€™t have conures I just figured itā€™s a conure thing. And didnā€™t want to sound stupid.

OP
S

Sybil

Oct 20, 2021
Parrots
Sun conure
What is the concern with "bronze "? I am entirely unfamiliar with the color and the concern. I do with you luck! I loved my Sunny šŸ˜
A bronze baby is a double red factor. They end up having a metabolic problem and die at 4-5 months old.

OP
S

Sybil

Oct 20, 2021
Parrots
Sun conure
T
A bronze baby is a double red factor. They end up having a metabolic problem and die at 4-5 months old.
Thereā€™s hardly any information online about it.

OP
S

Sybil

Oct 20, 2021
Parrots
Sun conure
I have been wondering the same thing. Since I donā€™t have conures I just figured itā€™s a conure thing. And didnā€™t want to sound stupid.
Itā€™s a specific thing with sun conures. If you have two red factor then a double red factor or bronze baby can be born. These babies donā€™t live past 4-5 months.

texsize

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month šŸ†
Oct 23, 2015
Media
so-cal
Parrots
1 YNA (Bingo)
1 OWA (Plumas R.I.P.)
1 RLA (Pacho R.I.P.)
2 GCA(Luna,Merlin) The Twins
1 Congo AG (Bella)
5 Cockatiels
Itā€™s a specific thing with sun conures. If you have two red factor then a double red factor or bronze baby can be born. These babies donā€™t live past 4-5 months.
I had a pair of Lutino cockatiels (sisters?) I bought at a yard sale. I think they had been bred by putting two Lutino adults together, something you arenā€™t supposed to do. Both birds had genetic flaws and died young.
I understand the worries.

OP
S

Sybil

Oct 20, 2021
Parrots
Sun conure
I had a pair of Lutino cockatiels (sisters?) I bought at a yard sale. I think they had been bred by putting two Lutino adults together, something you arenā€™t supposed to do. Both birds had genetic flaws and died young.
I understand the worries.
Oh I didnā€™t know that. Poor birdies šŸ˜£ they are very pretty birds.

OP
S

Sybil

Oct 20, 2021
Parrots
Sun conure
Here are some pictures of the babies from today. We are doing a cuddle session šŸ„°
IMG_6735.jpeg
IMG_6739.jpeg

Most Reactions

Latest posts