Greetings from Bahrain

mmalik81

Jun 17, 2010
Hi everyone

I am new to this forum and thought of introducing myself.

So far I have 2 cockatiels, I kept one and gave the other to my mother who fell in love with her. Never keep them in a closed cage, the door of the cage is always open so they can come out and go in anytime they wish.

Below is a link to the one I kept at home and my daughter loves her and sings to her, but scared to keep her on her hands. In the video she is singing an Arabic song while we are having lunch in the kitchen.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYie3t0bsUg]YouTube - hele ya romaana, el 7elwa za3laana....[/ame]

My brother will soon be going to Colombia, I am searching and trying to learn more about what species of parrots are there and how to get the next family member(parrot) back home, ofcource the legal way as I dont want the poor parrot to suffer more than what it will during transport.

I would love to get a Blue and Gold Macaw but I heard its not suitable to keep them near children as they might bite.

If someone can help I would really appreciate it.

Spiritbird

Banned
Banned
Aug 20, 2009
Media
Hello and welcome to our wonderful community of parrot people. Your tiel is adorable. Some people manage to have young children and parrots together. I have no experience with that so perhaps someone else on the forum may be able to help.

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
Hello, glad that you have joined our wonderful forum.
Look around, many interesting topics, so much to learn. Many members, with children, who have Macaw's will give you great advise.
Loved the video, thanks for sharing

OP
M

mmalik81

Jun 17, 2010
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. I will be doing alot of reading here, seems alot of information is available on this forum.

Most Reactions

Latest posts