Greetings

Galah

Nov 28, 2012
South Africa
Parrots
Just Johnny, a Rose Breasted Cockatoo (Galah)
Hey. I'm new to this forum, obviously. I'm Jessie, I live in South-Africa and I have a love for animals. We have 5 dogs- 2 Yorkies, and 3 pugs. One of the pugs is paralyzed from her mid-back down due to a birth defect. But she's a fighter.

I'm not new to owning a parrot. My father bought a Galah for my mother on their wedding anniversary, but the parrot didn't take to anyone in the household.

It's been two years and I've recently made progress in taming Johnny. He's still very shy and scared but he tolerates my touch. Just don't let anyone else come near him or he'd bite my fingers off.
I joined this forum to gather some tips on how to tame Johnny completely.

aliray

Jan 28, 2012
Rotonda West , Fla
Parrots
yellow sided green cheek conure,Chiquita Quaker parrot Sweetie Pie, African red bellied parrot Tiki, spanish timbrado canary Lucas
I don,t have any advise but welcome to the forum:)

OP
Galah

Galah

Nov 28, 2012
South Africa
Parrots
I have tried clicker training actually, a while back, it hasn't really worked out. But I'm going to try it again especially now that he's a bit more tolerant of me.

Turquoise

Banned
Banned
Oct 23, 2012
West Texas
Parrots
2 Male Catalina Macaws~Roscoe & Angel, 1 Female Green Wing Macaw~Ruby Jewel, 1 Female Solomon Island Eclectus~Leyla Belle, 1 female Pineapple Green Cheek Conure~Peta, 8 Budgies
Welcome to the forum. I've never owned a Too, so I don't have experience with them. I do think the Rose Breasted Toos are gorgeous. Hope all works out for you & Johnny.

OP
Galah

Galah

Nov 28, 2012
South Africa
Parrots
Thanks Turquoise. I like your Eclectus, she's a beauty.

Most Reactions

Latest posts