Nov 30, 2012
Minnesota
Parrots
Mimic - Blue Front Conure
Bandit - Red Lored Amazon
Smokey - African Grey
Hi folks.

Riddick, yes we did finally resort to collaring this last weekend:

Unfortunately, this both preceded and ended with catastrophe. She took her mutilations to a whole different level last Saturday, even at the top of her pain meds she was doing really horrible things to herself. I did put her in an E collar at this time, which did it's job.

Unfortunately, even at the top of her pain meds, if she was out of the E collar, she was doing serious damage to herself. If I wasn't watching for 60 seconds, she was pulling flesh off.

This persisted from Saturday to this morning, with only worsening/symptoms/side effects. After consulting with my vet, I made the decision to give her back to the universe. She is buried at the top of the hill on my property where she has unfettered view of the sunset every day.

Fair winds and following seas to my beloved Smokey

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Deepest Condolences for your loss. I am so sorry for all you've been through and the awful decision you were faced with.

Fly Free Smokey You Will Be Remembered

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
I am so very sorry!! :( Fly free, Smokey! You were much loved, and will never be forgotten!!! HUGS to you!!!

Dopey

Apr 18, 2014
Media
Maryland
I am so sorry. I just read the entire thread. She was so loved by you. Thank you for all that you did for her.

Most Reactions