T

takito

Today, Guako and Hilda went to their tree to play, and for the first time
they both came down ,with out me needing to get a latter , and "manually"
bring them down.
Guako came down first, then Hilda, you will see she is thinking about it,
and finally they both are down,....
In the meantime, when they are outside , and content, I usually am doing other
things with the other smaller parrots but inside, I guess that will be another topic.

Attachments

• a-guako-intree.jpg
    a-guako-intree.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 182
  • a-guako-hilda-tree.jpg
    a-guako-hilda-tree.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 158
  • b-intree.jpg
    b-intree.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 160
  • b-hilda-thinking.jpg
    b-hilda-thinking.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 135
  • b-bothdown.jpg
    b-bothdown.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 161
OP
T

takito

This is a close up of Guako,
guako-7.JPG

When I first got him, he was extremely scared, screaming, biting,...scared me too,
He arrived in a box, and when I was going to take him out of the box, he bit me pretty hard, ...
So I just left the box open, and went out of the room, when I came back , he was not
in the box any more, but no where to be found.
Then I looked under the bed, there he was, but I just left him alone.
Eventually he started sticking his head up from the space in the inside corner,, and would be watching me very closely, but when I looked at him, his head would go back down, hiding again.
Later I left some peanuts, tortilla, and seeds, along with water, under my desk,... and left the room.
When I came back, he was under the desk eating, of course when he saw me,
he came out from under the desk, and then tried climbing up on top of it, from there
he went up the curtains, crossed over the window, and was on top of the cage where
I had the conrues.
They (the conrues), flew to the other side of the room, screaming up a storm,...but
Guako was happy, on top of their cage,... I had another bigger cage ready for him, on a table, but it took some manoeuvring , to get him to go in to it.
First I put the same bowls that had been under my desk, with food and water, in the cage,... Guako was watching and paying attention to every move I made, and he figure out what was expected of him, when I approached the cage he was on, he
started looking for a "escape route", there really wasn't any, but I was still some what
scared about trying to handle him, so I went back out of the room, to go get some gloves,... to my surprise, when I came back, he had climbed down from the conrues
cage, and climbed up , and gone into his cage, when I went to close the door, he sort
of huddled in the back corner, and screaming bloody murder, (he knew he was trapped), however I just told him he was a very good bird, and not to worry, I would not hurt him, as long as he didn't hurt me either,...and I was basically just as scared of him, as he was of me.
Any way, it took several weeks, but eventually he started climbing onto my arm, then up to my shoulder when he came out of the cage, and he was all ways really
happy in the mornings when I opened the door, to let him out.
Now, it has been several months, and he behaves very well for me, I can take him outside, and he will stay on his perch, a latter, or climb up into the trees, if I take him to the tree,.. He is starting to be able to "fly" to some extent, more like "hops",...but
can jump, and go a good 10 , to 15 feet, before coming down. For now that is about all, maybe later I will add more.
Oh, any way, when he was still kind of "wild", and indoors, he would all ways like to
stand on the conrues cage, during the day, looking out the window at the trees, and
I was all ways telling him, not to worry, if he behaved well and things went good, one day soon, he would be able to go out side and climb the trees, it was obvious that is what he wanted ,... so any way I promised him, and now he can go outside and climb the trees, etc. ... Ironically, usually within 15 or 20 minuets, or a hour at the most, he is screaming, and it is obvious he wants to come down, and go back inside,..

Last edited:

Most Reactions