Guys...I think we're crazy

chippy

Feb 16, 2013
Parrots
2 Indian Ringnecks, Tiki (DH's) and Pippin (mine), 1 lovebird, Gemma (DD's) and 1 in birdy Heaven... RIP, Wilbur.
I wasn't crazy about birds before...We had cockatiels years ago and they were "ok" but, honestly, not "special" to me... Then I became Wilbur's:green2: mama and that was it. Everything changed. Wilbur was something special and even thought our time together was MUCH too short, he turned me into a bird person. After he died, I was really struggling with whether or not to get another bird because I missed him SO much...but I did, and now have my baby IRN who is a love, too.

Thanks to Wilbur, I can't even imagine life without birds now. RIP, Wilbur...and THANK YOU for all you brought to my life.

Blancaej

Apr 5, 2013
Middlebury, VT
Parrots
CAG Quincy - BD 3/27/00. Gotcha 6/00 ~ GW Macaw Savannah - BD 6/21/93. Gotcha 4/13 ~ B&G Macaw Coqui - BD 9/3/03. Gotcha 10/13 ~ Blue Crown Conure Sidney - BD Unknown Approx 5 Years Old. Gotcha 6/15/
Chippy- I'm sorry for the loss of Wilber. :(

But glad you decided to keep birds in your life. They are truly special!

lotosha

Jun 29, 2012
Parrots
A pair of cockatiels
And pair of African Greys
LOL. I always feel a little confused when I feed my birds eggs :p. My family's dachshund is stubborn but a complete wimp :D. she has no poker face and is afraid of my parrot and cats, but bravely tries to catch the mailman every week :rolleyes:

Yep, I also feel a bit weird when giving my parrot boiled chicken:)
Oh, you have a dachshund in your family too!That's nice.
My mom's dachshunds is a bit different from yours, sometimes he seems to be so unaware of his body completion and could try to chase a biggest dog in a park. That's why I never let him be near my parrots.

Totally agree with what you wrote about us - indeed we are a crazy.

chippy

Feb 16, 2013
Parrots
2 Indian Ringnecks, Tiki (DH's) and Pippin (mine), 1 lovebird, Gemma (DD's) and 1 in birdy Heaven... RIP, Wilbur.
Thank you, Blacaej! I'm glad I did, too.. I like to kind of think of it as Wilbur's last gift to me
:green2:

tiedyed

May 25, 2013
Huntington Beach, CA
Parrots
Nanday Conure
And it's addictive ... as soon as somone starts to really take the time to listen and learn about Pritti and spend time with him, meaningful amount of time, I could see they are getting hooked and they want HIM to accept their finger or treat or kissy sounds. My mom is now officially a crazy bird grandmama. He's been staying in her house nearby and she keeps telling me she's not ready to let me take him home yet (been going on for about last 3-4 WEEKS. She calls to tell me about what he eats, what he's doing, how he is snuggling with her, and walks up to her and stares at her when he wants something. She is now speaking in total goo goo ga ga baby talk with him telling him how much she loves him and how cute he is. It's so coooooooool. BUT, I WANT MY BABY BACK, lol.

Hah! Your mom hijacked your bird! :p

mtdoramike

Supporting Member
Jan 18, 2011
Media
Mt. Dora Fl./central Fl.
Parrots
11 month old Senegal Parrot - 3 year old SI Eclectus
LOL! This is so true! I have 2 birds right now. Just got Savannah a month ago. We are expanding our downstairs and they will now have there own room in late summer. And I'm already thinking, maybe there is a B&G in my future. LOL! Before Savannah I always thought, one is enough! It is addicting and they are so darn loveable!! Not sure if it will happen though, got to get past the hubby first. And I should probably wait a couple of years, don't ya think! :rolleyes:

Speaking of bites, Quincy gave me a good one this morning. It actually made my hand swell. First time I've had his bite swell in 13 years! :rolleyes: I think he got me in just the right spot, my whole hand was hurting this morning, but it's better now except for the swelling. Had a nice big frozen Turkey breast on it. That helped bring the swelling down. Kinda ironic I used another feathered creature to get the swelling down, huh! LOL! :D

Oh wow, that was a good or bad bite. You should have shown Quincey the frozen Turkey breast and said, you are lucky bub, this could be YOU.:)

cnyguy

Apr 23, 2010
Syracuse, NY
Parrots
Quaker parrot, Ralph
We know what it means to earn the love and trust of a parrot, and how special their companionship is. People who don't live with birds have no understanding of that like we do. Maybe they're the ones who are crazy. :smile009:

Most Reactions

Latest posts