OP
Brodie

Brodie

Jul 25, 2012
Media
Melbourne, Australia
Parrots
Male Eclectus- Oscar and Female Eclectus- Scarlet
Oh so guys, guess what, I have done it again. I can't believe it. Am I stupid? Lol
Oh god it burns haha!

drlisaort

Nov 3, 2012
Hollywood, Florida
Parrots
Oliver, Male (SI) Eclectus
Oh no!!! You're not "stupid" but rather you are a good Mommy wanting to give Scarlet a food she loves and in the beautiful moment you forgot how hot the chili peppers can get. :11:

coltfire

Mar 24, 2013
Media
campbelltown
Parrots
eclectus parrots x 4
cockateils x 4
budgies x 22
lories x 2
babies all year round
About three days ago I gave Scarlet some of her beloved chillies, about twenty mins after she had eaten them I went over to her, have her some cuddles and a few quick kisses on the beak before sitting down to watch a movie. By the time I sat down I had a horrible burning sensation on my lips, I noticed this because I had a sip of my water an locked my lips afterwards. Oh right. Stupid me. I have hot chillies on my mouth. Oh Fantastic.
I drank milk, so much damn milk. Then I noticed the cut on my hand that she just stood on, that was starting to burn aswell. Oh my goddddd I have chilli in my cut too. Milk in that maybe? It didn't REALY help lol.
So I didn't watch the movie for another hour because I was running around the house frantically trying to find a way to stop the burning! I have done it before, but none have been this extreme ever! My lips were so dry afterwards lol, and we almost ran out of milk!
So basically scarlet is sad because I haven't given her any chilies yet because I'm afraid of them. Lol. What am I gonna do? I always forget, or sometimes even a day after I give them to her she still has it on her beak, feet and feathers! I hate it, it's horrible. I sat there for the next hour rubbing my shirt on my lips lol. Was the only thing that seemed to work. Till I stopped.
My advice- shower your bird every time you give them chilies lol...

i had the same thing today was kissing the birds then though my lips a burning, ahhhhhhhhhhhhh chili, the only thing is i dont know what grade of chilies you give your birds but the hotter they are the more mine love them well they now eat grade 9 chilies , im just glad i love chilies the sause i have is graded 17/10 the hottest in the world and i cook with it most nights

OP
Brodie

Brodie

Jul 25, 2012
Media
Melbourne, Australia
Parrots
Male Eclectus- Oscar and Female Eclectus- Scarlet
About three days ago I gave Scarlet some of her beloved chillies, about twenty mins after she had eaten them I went over to her, have her some cuddles and a few quick kisses on the beak before sitting down to watch a movie. By the time I sat down I had a horrible burning sensation on my lips, I noticed this because I had a sip of my water an locked my lips afterwards. Oh right. Stupid me. I have hot chillies on my mouth. Oh Fantastic.
I drank milk, so much damn milk. Then I noticed the cut on my hand that she just stood on, that was starting to burn aswell. Oh my goddddd I have chilli in my cut too. Milk in that maybe? It didn't REALY help lol.
So I didn't watch the movie for another hour because I was running around the house frantically trying to find a way to stop the burning! I have done it before, but none have been this extreme ever! My lips were so dry afterwards lol, and we almost ran out of milk!
So basically scarlet is sad because I haven't given her any chilies yet because I'm afraid of them. Lol. What am I gonna do? I always forget, or sometimes even a day after I give them to her she still has it on her beak, feet and feathers! I hate it, it's horrible. I sat there for the next hour rubbing my shirt on my lips lol. Was the only thing that seemed to work. Till I stopped.

i had the same thing today was kissing the birds then though my lips a burning, ahhhhhhhhhhhhh chili, the only thing is i dont know what grade of chilies you give your birds but the hotter they are the more mine love them well they now eat grade 9 chilies , im just glad i love chilies the sause i have is graded 17/10 the hottest in the world and i cook with it most nights

Oh I didn't even know chillies were measured in grades lol, but I get her the hottest ones you can get, so probably the ones your cooking with, I never eat chilli because I absolutely hate hot things so much! Lol. Horrible!

coltfire

Mar 24, 2013
Media
campbelltown
Parrots
eclectus parrots x 4
cockateils x 4
budgies x 22
lories x 2
babies all year round

Oh I didn't even know chillies were measured in grades lol, but I get her the hottest ones you can get, so probably the ones your cooking with, I never eat chilli because I absolutely hate hot things so much! Lol. Horrible!

if your buying them from the shops they would be a grade 4 maybe up to 6 but does not matter they love there chilli and im sure we will all kiss our birds many more times with chilli on the beak :10:

Most Reactions

Latest posts