Hahns or noble macaw vs blue crown conure?

witchbaby

Feb 4, 2014
Virginia
Parrots
cinnamon turquoise gcc - luna,
pineapple gcc - drago,
galah/rose breasted cockatoo - merlin,
timneh african grey - jasper,
pied cockatiel - picasso,
blue & gold macaw - mia
It is so weird what we all can and cannot stand! The cockatoo screams don't bother me even the moluccans and umbrellas... basically they are just loud and thats not really a problem for me:D So far I have found blue crowned conure screams unbearably shrill, ekkie alarm screams headache inducing, and a slender billed conure scream annoying. Oh and budgie chatter drives me up a wall in two seconds flat:rolleyes:

So funny, I'll admit to BOTH of those things, "budgie chatter" drives me NUTS

And conure screams, like an AIR-RAID Siren LOL :D

Joe

I'm glad I'm not the only one who can't stand budgie chatter. Cockatoo screams are meh, whatever, but the noise that comes from such an itty bitty bird just irritates me to no end. It makes no sense to me. I feel like such a wimp. Ha ha.

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
I'm glad I'm not the only one who can't stand budgie chatter. Cockatoo screams are meh, whatever, but the noise that comes from such an itty bitty bird just irritates me to no end. It makes no sense to me. I feel like such a wimp. Ha ha.

Yes, me too! Besides the Cockatoos for me, it's my male Budgies that drive me up the wall. I love them because they're cute little birds, but there is constantly a noise coming out of their mouth! The singing if fine at times, and the squeaks are cute, BUT ITS THE SCREAMING!! They can scream so loud for their size and you can't even hear the tv! Can't train it out of them, they're wild.

I used to have a neighbor with a male Cockatiel that was in his cage outside everyday. He was SO annoying and noisy. Honestly I think there are plenty of species that would be hard to hear. But then again, if we love our pets, we're able to tolerate it better. Except for the Budgies..... Lol :p

javi

Jun 29, 2007
I am enjoying this thread as I am also deciding between blue crown, yellow collar and a severe. The severe is at the bottom because of attitude. So thanks for all the insight.
I will say the only parrot screams that drive me nuts are suns and lovebirds. Both are birds I love but the noise is too much and that is cause I am losing my hearing too

ruffledfeathers

Aug 23, 2012
Media
NJ
Parrots
Gilbert Oliver, Blue Crown Conure; Georgie, Sun Conure (2/8/01-8/8/12) RIP little girl; Percy, budgie 1993-1999. RIP Pepito-spanish timbrado canary
i also considered the hahns and the noble when i got Gilbert. BUT because i already had a sun conure who broke my heart when she died and i wanted another similar type of bird but looking very different, i fell for the BCC.
My particular BCC is EXTREMELY sweet and easy going. I can't speak for all of them of course but my personal experience is beyond delighted. Easygoing, sweet, friendly, smart and yes very vocal and chatty but not squawky.
Actually he will squawk when my dogs go on a barking rampage. I have a stupid video i recorded just spying on the dogs being stupid, but you can hear Gilbert steadily squawking like a lunatic in the background. (I'm not just crazy, but i was telling a friend how they started each other howling and i wanted her to hear....so i grabbed the vid.) This is Gilbert at his very very worst level of noise, but this only happens when the dogs go nuts...and i was allowing the howling to get the vid. ;)
[ame=http://youtu.be/Cvkolo2oOPk]Chihuahuas howling - YouTube[/ame]

witchbaby

Feb 4, 2014
Virginia
Parrots
cinnamon turquoise gcc - luna,
pineapple gcc - drago,
galah/rose breasted cockatoo - merlin,
timneh african grey - jasper,
pied cockatiel - picasso,
blue & gold macaw - mia
I used to have a neighbor with a male Cockatiel that was in his cage outside everyday. He was SO annoying and noisy. Honestly I think there are plenty of species that would be hard to hear. But then again, if we love our pets, we're able to tolerate it better. Except for the Budgies..... Lol :p

Oh, man. My cockatiel can be so noisy when he wants to be. He makes this one really obnoxious and repetitive call when he gets carried away. If I didn't love him so much, he'd be in trouble... :p

OP
DannyA93

DannyA93

Jan 22, 2012
Las Cruces, NM
Parrots
Pineapple Turquoise Greencheek Conure-Ivy❤️, Male Cockatiel-Lusa (aka Bub =D)
Gilbert's scream isn't irritating to me at all! I wasn't bothered one but by my sunnies scream so I'm not worried about the noise:) I don't mind budgie chatter either lol I need some type of background noise so my cute little budgie helps out :D haha so I found a website called the golden cockatoo and they said they'll email me when they get noble macaw babies. You his know anything on their credibility??

Most Reactions

Latest posts