Hand Holding

Anita1250

Oct 19, 2017
NYC
Parrots
Blue Fronted Amazon 35 years old
It is so funny. When I wipe down the grill bars at night before bed, I usually place my left hand on the grill so it doesn't slide while I am wiping. Sam has started coming over and holding my hand with his foot. He then wipes his beak up and down on my fingers and sometimes play bites ( no pressure ) while doing so. If I try to pick him up, he runs away, but then comes back to hold my hand again. Its so cute! :green:

LeaKP

Aug 11, 2014
Media
South Africa
Parrots
Congo African Grey
Nigel does the same, holds my hand and wipes his beak on my fingers. #heartmelted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
BB is interested in doing OTHER things with my hand...:rolleyes:

Jim

chris-md

Feb 6, 2010
Maryland - USA
Parrots
Parker - male Eclectus

Aphrodite - red throated conure (RIP)
You know, my ekkie has boy doing this lately. Won’t step up but won’t let go of my finger. When I gently pull my finger away he pulls it right back and wants to sit for a minute just holding hands. It’s adorable.

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
That is sweet! It means he likes you:)

Our amazon does that too and likes to chomp on your fingers and kind of pry on your nails (all very gently). Sometimes he chomps a bit too hard and if you react he gets immensely offended:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

OP
Anita1250

Anita1250

Oct 19, 2017
NYC
Parrots
Blue Fronted Amazon 35 years old
Yeah, mine loves to chew my nails. I don't let him because I usually have polish on them. Once when I was going on a Disney cruise, I had a design painted on and he was terrified of them!

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
A crossover Quaker Scuti (F), A Sun conure named AC, A Cinnamon Green Cheek conure Kent, and 6 budgies, Scuti Jr. (f), yellow (m), clark Jr. (m), Dot (f), Zebra(f), Machine (m).
I sometimes point to clark on my shoulder to scold or compliment he grabs on and won't let go.......so I'm like ok I'm done....ok let go.. no I said what I needed to..grrr...ok let go now....I love you....let go...Um. ok let go I need to....yeah he's a dick after three years the cuteness is still so good....but you're like ok I need to do this.....lemme go parrot..

Still I wouldn't change a thing.....When they hold you hand there is nothing to compare it to.

Most Reactions

Latest posts