Happy Hatchday Iggy

darkchi

Dec 6, 2006
Albany, NY
Parrots
Cricket -C.A.G
Haha, there's a kind other than that which comes in a box with powder cheese??? I will not believe it. (says the girl who prefers potato flakes over real mashed potatoes) :D

mmmm potato flakes... cricket likes that too. along with ribbs and steak too lol

Minzer84

Mar 14, 2007
Massachusetts
Parrots
Iggy- YCA
Hehe, I'll just move in with you and you can feed me and cricket at the same time! People always look at me like I'm crazy when I tell them i give Iggy chicken and steak and eggs... ::shakes head:: birds are people too!

TexDot33

Bird poop and baby poop
Dec 26, 2006
Media
New Hampshire USA
Parrots
15 year-old Sun Conure: Hamlet &
14 year-old Green-Cheeked Conure: Mac
Oh good, another parront who gives their birds unrecommended food! See Tex, birds love the mac n cheese...and don't usually die from it :D

And of course you're invited Peta, that way when we have no solution and I'm having a nervous breakdown, that's when you take Iggy and his passport back to the UK!

Peta, your invitation is standing and open to all gatherings, you are 2nd-head honcho around here ...

OK, Minzer, I will forgive the mac and cheese thing, but really, even you have to agree that there is a difference between BOX and HOMEMADE ... seriously ... and if you can't, well, I'll just have to whip-up a homemade batch for you and Chase ... but you'll have to share with Christy ... she'd be upset for a week if I made it and she didn't get any.

Haha, there's a kind other than that which comes in a box with powder cheese??? I will not believe it. (says the girl who prefers potato flakes over real mashed potatoes) :D
*I am just shaking my head at this post ... *:34: I can't believe that you would suggest such a blasphamous thing.

OP
P

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
You guys are making me so hungry, and I can smell my supper being cooked, now my tummy is rumbling gonna have to go eat. :D

TexDot33

Bird poop and baby poop
Dec 26, 2006
Media
New Hampshire USA
Parrots
Ok guys, I have to bounce outta here ... I have to go to work ... *UGGGH!* ... will be back later tonight ...

Minzer84

Mar 14, 2007
Massachusetts
Parrots
Iggy- YCA
Tex, I truly do not believe that I have ever had any type of mac n cheese other than "Kraft"...I even have extra tubes of the powder cheese so that it can come out extra cheesy (did you know they sell those?!)! And I'll take you up on your mac n cheese offer, and then accidentally bring and leave Iggy when you're not looking. But be warned, you would be in an official competition with Kraft...you better bring your A game!

You do not like Idaho Spuds?? They come out so creamy, no chunks!

TexDot33

Bird poop and baby poop
Dec 26, 2006
Media
New Hampshire USA
Parrots
Tex, I truly do not believe that I have ever had any type of mac n cheese other than "Kraft"...I even have extra tubes of the powder cheese so that it can come out extra cheesy (did you know they sell those?!)! And I'll take you up on your mac n cheese offer, and then accidentally bring and leave Iggy when you're not looking. But be warned, you would be in an official competition with Kraft...you better bring your A game!

You do not like Idaho Spuds?? They come out so creamy, no chunks!

No, I didn't ... that's amazing, because really, what else would you use them for?

Shouldn't have said anything, now I'll be watching for it! :p

Silly ... Silly Girl ... I make mine with 4 different cheeses, you'd never eat Kraft again after mine ... I'd almost feel guilty for taking all that money from the Kraft Corp.

And honestly, I'd put Christy's mashed potatos against ANY BOXED type, and against my own mother's for that fact ... :eek: sorry mom!

Minzer84

Mar 14, 2007
Massachusetts
Parrots
Iggy- YCA
I love the color coding, btw. Yea, apparently the cheese tubes can be used for anything that needs to be cheesy, examples on the tube include popcorn and mashed potatoes, lol. Four different cheeses? What do you need all those for?? Are there even that many macaroni compatible cheeses? And does yours come out creamy? Do you put milk/butter into it like Kraft? These are all things you need to take into account!

You're awfully lucky your mom isn't on parrot forums! she might just cry. :p

NicoleN

Jan 15, 2007
Media
Michigan
Parrots
Sisqo & GiGi-DYH & BF Amazons

Snow & Blue-Budgies
and then the DYH loves to be blow-dried after the shower ... )

Yeah I just discovered that Sisqo loves being blow-dried after a good bath. It gives him time to be really loud too, since the blowdryer is so loud.

Haven't finished reading all these posts in this thread yet, so I'm working on it.

TexDot33

Bird poop and baby poop
Dec 26, 2006
Media
New Hampshire USA
Parrots
Mine is hardy, creamy, and more importantly, edible! I can't believe that you have never had "homemade mac and cheese ... " it's really a shame, I mean I thought all "TRUE" New Englanders had enjoyed this timeless dish!

TexDot33

Bird poop and baby poop
Dec 26, 2006
Media
New Hampshire USA
Parrots
It gives him time to be really loud too, since the blowdryer is so loud.

That's EXACTLY what this other person said! She said that her birdie (nick-named 'fuzzy-butt') will scream at the top of her lungs while the hair-dryer is going and then, is pretty good for the rest of the day ...

Minzer, maybe you should try this ...

Minzer84

Mar 14, 2007
Massachusetts
Parrots
Iggy- YCA
:eek: True New englanders :eek: Lol, oh no you didn't! And I'm not sure how timeless mac n cheese of any variety is...but you shall be put to the test...I will take pictures of the whole event and when it fails to compare to Kraft I will post the pictures here for all to see...it will be a sad day for homemade mac n cheese :D (Iggy gets a vote too, as he is a true mac n cheese expert...) hehehe, you're going to be late to work :p

Minzer84

Mar 14, 2007
Massachusetts
Parrots
Iggy- YCA
Hehe, back on topic, Iggy does scream with the blowdryer, that's something he has always done (but when I blowdry my own hair, not his feathers). I don't know if it gets it out of him or just winds him up...I don't blow dry him after a shower, I towel him. Should I blow dry him on a really low heat?

NicoleN

Jan 15, 2007
Media
Michigan
Parrots

Snow & Blue-Budgies
Should I blow dry him on a really low heat?

That's what I do. I also hold the dryer about 4 feet away, that way it doesn't get too hot and he can always move to the other side of his perch if he doesn't want it anymore.

Minzer84

Mar 14, 2007
Massachusetts
Parrots
Iggy- YCA
Hm, I'll have to try that next time I give him a shower. He's always talkative during his showers as well, saying YAY over and over again...I'll make note of whether or not the shower and blowdrying make a differerence in his screaming and bad behavior for the rest of the day.

NicoleN

Jan 15, 2007
Media
Michigan
Parrots

Snow & Blue-Budgies
I've thought about putting Sisqo in the shower, but I don't know how I'd do it. Plus I usually prefer a hot shower, so....oh I dunno...I guess I could sacrifice and have a luke-warm shower, but where would I put him?

Minzer84

Mar 14, 2007
Massachusetts
Parrots
Iggy- YCA
My shower is really tiny, so I don't shower with Iggy, I just put him in the shower on a perch my dad made for him (made out of those plastic pipes and wooden dowels) and use a spray bottle or sometimes I will turn on the shower on a really low setting so he doesn't get blasted away. Then I make a big to-do about him walking under the shower spray so he thinks it's the greatest thing ever, haha. But there are those special shower perches that suction to the wall so he could be in the shower with you and not take up too much space (if your shower is like a full shower and not just a stall like mine...) If I ever brought Iggy in the shower with me, especially nowadays, I would be afraid of being bitten to death...being attacked by a large wet irate bird while you're not wearing any clothes is not optimal... :eek:

Most Reactions

Latest posts