Happy Hatchday Iggy

NicoleN

Jan 15, 2007
Media
Michigan
Parrots
Sisqo & GiGi-DYH & BF Amazons

Snow & Blue-Budgies
being attacked by a large wet irate bird while you're not wearing any clothes is not optimal... :eek:

haha...so true. I was wondering how you could be so brave, especially after he attacked your neck out of the blue that one time.

I've seen those perches that suction to the wall, but I would be afraid that they would become unsuctioned and fall and oh my...what a disaster.

I do think I need to shower with Sisqo or something though, I actually haven't handled him in days. My mom's been feeding him and giving meds. I just change his papers. I think a shower would be a good way to integrate some quality time in my normal schedule.

Minzer84

Mar 14, 2007
Massachusetts
Parrots
Iggy- YCA
Yea, probably a good idea! I think some suction perches are better than others as far as their design. I was looking at them for awhile but my shower has some kind of natural stone wall thing going on, so the suction wouldn't work at all. I guess it would be something to research more if you wanted to!

Hehe, showering with Iggy...wow. I just picture the scenario in my head...the pinning eyes, then the "angry wing pose", a big leap, flapping wings, talons and bitey parts outstretched! And me, completely defenseless, probably falling out of the shower in my terror, possibly losing chunks of skin from various parts of my body... ::shudders:: I may have nightmares tonight. :eek:

But seeing as how Sisqo isn't homicidal I'm sure your experience would be much more pleasant :D

NicoleN

Jan 15, 2007
Media
Michigan
Parrots

Snow & Blue-Budgies
I'll have to give it a shot and tell you how it goes.

It will probably take a while to get him used to it. I think he may prefer his bath out of a bottle, but I'll give it a shot and see.

Ugh. Amazon gouges do not seem appealing to me at all. So I would definitely wear some protective layers around Iggy. Perhaps a suit of armor?

OP
P

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Black_Nova is the ADMIN/Creator/God of this forum ... come-on now, give him his due!

Oh yes, now how do I get out of this one, Oh I know, I wouldn't be expecting for our Admin, and god, to have to lower himself to worry about the little things.

What I really mean is that when he has his minions to do all the hard work. :D Think I'm gonna have to be doing a lot creeping to our leader and master if he should see some of my posts today. :p

Minzer84

Mar 14, 2007
Massachusetts
Parrots
Iggy- YCA
Yes please to the suit of armor! My hand is still healing from the first bad bite he gave me back in December. Best part is I might be going away to Utah for a week or more in the summer and I have to find someone to feed him and spend time with him....luckily he can always be picked up with oven mitts...what a problem child he is!

But definitely let me know how the shower goes. Try to get him all pumped up for it too, make it super exciting!

OP
P

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Hehe, showering with Iggy...wow. I just picture the scenario in my head...the pinning eyes, then the "angry wing pose", a big leap, flapping wings, talons and bitey parts outstretched! And me, completely defenseless, probably falling out of the shower in my terror, possibly losing chunks of skin from various parts of my body... ::shudders:: I may have nightmares tonight. :eek:

Ouch, definately an idea to start taking your showers in suit of armor I think. :D

NicoleN

Jan 15, 2007
Media
Michigan
Parrots

Snow & Blue-Budgies
Wow. For once I can't wait to get up early in the morning...haha...I'll have to pump myself up first before I work on him. Maybe wake up a half hour earlier and down a few Red Bulls beforehand. lol

Didn't you say that Iggy is good for your mom? You could always cast the little devil on her. That'll change her mind. haha.

Well I'm off for the day. Time to go to my other job where I don't get to sit in an office all day and chat on PF :(

Minzer84

Mar 14, 2007
Massachusetts
Parrots
Iggy- YCA
Haha, yea, good luck with the pumping up...

Iggy is good for my mom but she lives an hour away and I can't get her to take him home with her, lol, I have certainly tried!! Unfortunately, she knows what a parrot entails and I can't sneak him past her.

Have fun at work :)

TexDot33

Bird poop and baby poop
Dec 26, 2006
Media
New Hampshire USA
Parrots
15 year-old Sun Conure: Hamlet &
14 year-old Green-Cheeked Conure: Mac
... I would be afraid of being bitten to death...being attacked by a large wet irate bird while you're not wearing any clothes is not optimal... :eek: .... I just picture the scenario in my head...the pinning eyes, then the "angry wing pose", a big leap, flapping wings, talons and bitey parts outstretched! And me, completely defenseless, probably falling out of the shower in my terror, possibly losing chunks of skin from various parts of my body... ::shudders:: I may have nightmares tonight. :eek:

I am really laughing right now, I had almost the same picture in my head ... small shower, defensless human, UPSET AMAZON ... :eek: :eek: ... I wonder just how many stitches/stapels the human would require to be fixed after, and can you immagine the story in the ER when you'd have to tell the doctor (or nurse) what happened ...

TexDot33

Bird poop and baby poop
Dec 26, 2006
Media
New Hampshire USA
Parrots
Oh yes, now how do I get out of this one, Oh I know, I wouldn't be expecting for our Admin, and god, to have to lower himself to worry about the little things.

What I really mean is that when he has his minions to do all the hard work. :D Think I'm gonna have to be doing a lot creeping to our leader and master if he should see some of my posts today. :p

See Nova, sir, I understand the heirarchy around here, and Peta over there thinks she's Queen of the World ...

Christy

Mar 28, 2007
New Hampshire, USA
Parrots
Hamlet the Sun Conure and Mac the green cheek conure
Ok, so this has been a really interesting forum to read through...you guys are very funny! This is what I miss on my long days at work. so...tex is offering our home as a safe home for Iggy.....hmmmm. I don't know about that. I do know that I would know its not a large conure even though it sounds like he can be as loud as one. We'll wake up one morning to a bird singing the ants go marching out on our doorstep and then when we go to get him he will rush at us screaming. He will actually probably scream more because he will miss minzer.
I encourage everyone to try homemade mac and cheese. Tex likes to experiment with his and usually it comes out very good. Bring Iggy up and he'll have a little adventure.

Minzer84

Mar 14, 2007
Massachusetts
Parrots
Iggy- YCA
Hehe, glad you enjoyed reading our short novel here Christy! We had quite an amusing conversation. I guess that's ok that you don't want to take in a homicidal amazon disguised as a conure...Peta's gonna come pick him up and show him how to have a genuine accent as seen in the UK! But it awas a good idea until I blabbed it everywhere for you to see my genius plan...And he wouldn't scream or try to kill you right away...no, he's a crafty one...he'll pretend to be the sweetest bird ever with all the manners you could hope for, until one day you wake up and BAM!!! :smile039: bird from hades!

I'm not sure that experiment should be used in conjunction with mac n cheese...this is a sacred thing you're messing with here. But yea, I'll have to pack Chase and Iggy in the car and drive up to the wilderness of NH (right?) for some of this experimental Kraft wanna-be mac n cheese! Then we'll see where it's at...I however, cannot offer to cook anything as I am the girl with the burn scar on her stomach from a frozen pizza cooking incident...story for another thread :eek:

OP
P

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
See Nova, sir, I understand the heirarchy around here, and Peta over there thinks she's Queen of the World ...

Whatch mean "THINK"....... hang on a mo. Its okay, he's not on yet, I can always tell him you edited my post and wrote this. :D ...............

And hey I like that Title. Hmmmmmmm I wonder
"Super Duper Queen of the World" has quite a ring to it dontcha think. :D

darkchi

Dec 6, 2006
Albany, NY
Parrots
Cricket -C.A.G
Sooo much to read.... you guys are give me waaaay to much to do this early in the morning :10:

Where in NY, upperstate or closer to the rest of us? Yea, we should just get an RV and have a happy birdy trip up to NY, and you can all figure out how to fix him

I live right near Albany... acually I live right at the end of the mass turn pike.

Silly ... Silly Girl ... I make mine with 4 different cheeses, you'd never eat Kraft again after mine ... I'd almost feel guilty for taking all that money from the Kraft Corp.

thats how i make it (or beg my mother to make it)
but did you put in little chunks of tomato in it?? mmm, now thats the best

Hehe, showering with Iggy...wow. I just picture the scenario in my head...the pinning eyes, then the "angry wing pose", a big leap, flapping wings, talons and bitey parts outstretched! And me, completely defenseless, probably falling out of the shower in my terror, possibly losing chunks of skin from various parts of my body... ::shudders:: I may have nightmares tonight.

ow ow ow ow ow
I k now what it feels like when a wet grey attacks your wet arm...
oooh, I really wouldn't want any other body parts to feel that

TexDot33

Bird poop and baby poop
Dec 26, 2006
Media
New Hampshire USA
Parrots
I can always tell him you edited my post and wrote this.

I would never touch another moderator's posts ... so yeah, and I am sure with ADMIN levels he can see who has edited what ... sorry Peta, you are on your own for this one! :D

... to the wilderness of NH (right?)

It's not really the 'wildreness', I mean, yeah, we are pretty flooded around here lately, but we didn't loose power with this storm. Like I said, I am right around the corner from UNH ...

... I do know that I would know its not a large conure ...

See, I told you guys she was a smarty and you couldn't get this one by her!

... I encourage everyone to try homemade mac and cheese. Tex likes to experiment with his and usually it comes out very good...

See, now I am going to have to make some for her ... but that's ok, there was warm APPLE CRISP on the counter when I got home from work today!

... thats how i make it (or beg my mother to make it) but did you put in little chunks of tomato in it?? mmm, now thats the best ...

No, I don't do it that way, but I have heard of it ... maybe I should try it, you know what else I have heard of is putting Dijon Mustard into it as well ... I am not so sure about that one.

OP
P

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Yeah, thanks Tex, I love it when Mods stick together. :04: yeah right. Okay now I'm gonna have to go creep to BN

Well I'm off to my bed now, so goodnight all. Enjoy your evening.

Most Reactions