Texas
Parrots
Buddy - Red Crowned Amazon (27 yo)
Venus - Solomon Island Eclectus (4 yo)
Buzz CAG (2 yo)
Sam - Cockatiel 1997 - 2004
Tweety - Budgie 1984 - 1987
Sweety - Budgie 1985 - 1986
Any recommendations for harnesses to put on a Red Crowned Amazon? Thinking down the long road, a goal to aim for so we can do more. I saw some training or adapting videos but would love and appreciate any recommendations. This isn't going to happen any time soon but I would love to start working with Buddy to aclimate him. :green1:

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
I would give it an honest try, but remember to have patience and don't be upset if Buddy just never takes to it. I have heard of very few amazons who accept wearing a harness compared to other birds like conures and cockatoos who seem much more willing. Whatever it is, zons just don't seem to generally be too happy about getting harnessed up. Doesn't mean it's impossible, just takes a lot of work with the stubborn green ones;)

pacoparrot

Jun 7, 2012
Media
Scranton PA
Parrots
Darwin- Male Ekkie
Charlie- Cinnamon GCC
Twiggy- Cockatiel
RIP Paco, Jack, and Echo </3
I have been wanting to buy an aviator for my Paco. He would take a medium since he is a double yellow head. I know I'd be able to get it on him at least once. He is more willing to let me touch him if he's under a blanket. I know he'll chew on it so I hope it holds up. It would be awesome to get him outside again!

Most Reactions

Latest posts