Harrison's?

OP
Wulfgeist

Wulfgeist

Feb 1, 2012
Winchester area, VA
I bought some organic baby carrots, gave one to Jasper and he proceeded to bite chunks off and spit them all over the kitchen. I tried giving him one shaved up but don't think he ate much of that one either.

OP
Wulfgeist

Wulfgeist

Feb 1, 2012
Winchester area, VA
Ooh. Harrisons is sending me samples for all our birds, plus some of their treats. Thanks!

Did you email them and tell them the birds you have?

I got the Harrison's and he seems to be liking it..but it's hard to tell because he takes the chunk and keeps biting it into little pieces. I think he's taking some of it in but it's so hard to tell.

He got a healthy pass from the vet but his weight seems to be going down still. It seems like he sometimes forgets his food dishes are there. I'm thinking he needs to stay in his cage more. He knows breakfast and eagerly waits for it. He comes out to be weighed first and back in again to eat and he waits by that side for the breakfast bowl. Last night he wanted by me while I was having pizza and tried to take a green pepper off it. I didn't let him have it as I'm not sure what spices or whatnot would be added to it. I fixed his breakfast mix for him instead and he gobbled that up.

Maybe I will email Harrison's for samples and see what he might do with a smaller piece.

roxynoodle

Dec 1, 2011
The green pepper probably would have been fine if it wasn't too hot (temperature, not spicyness). Mine love a little piece of pizza crust with some sauce on it. I don't worry excessively about them getting a bit of salt here and there. Other spices really are fine, and many love pepper.

Sulphiria

Banned
Banned
Mar 12, 2012
Deltona, Florida
Ooh. Harrisons is sending me samples for all our birds, plus some of their treats. Thanks!

Did you email them and tell them the birds you have?

I got the Harrison's and he seems to be liking it..but it's hard to tell because he takes the chunk and keeps biting it into little pieces. I think he's taking some of it in but it's so hard to tell.

Maybe I will email Harrison's for samples and see what he might do with a smaller piece.

I did, yes. They are sending me different sizes since we have smaller birds too. My cag seems to like smaller pieces, like the zupreem we buy in small size.

OP
Wulfgeist

Wulfgeist

Feb 1, 2012
Winchester area, VA
The green pepper probably would have been fine if it wasn't too hot (temperature, not spicyness). Mine love a little piece of pizza crust with some sauce on it. I don't worry excessively about them getting a bit of salt here and there. Other spices really are fine, and many love pepper.

Well he will have dinner with me tonight then. I will give him some slices of bell pepper and some rice before I mix the other junk in with it. I know he can't have the onions, what about pieces of tomato?

OP
Wulfgeist

Wulfgeist

Feb 1, 2012
Winchester area, VA
Today he got no Roudybush, just Harrison's with his other stuff. He ate once and I heard alot of them dropping..so I crunched up the ones that were left..this is like the third time I've seen him in his bowl..and he's even going into the cage for that bowl..::holds breath on this one::

OP
Wulfgeist

Wulfgeist

Feb 1, 2012
Winchester area, VA
Mine love tomatoes and tomato sauce. Spaghetti is the all around favorite food with all 3 of them.

Ok so I don't know who this person was that was in the store using my charge card and buying this stuff...whole wheat spaghetti? Brown rice? Corn bread mix? Sweet potatos? Well I guess I'm not quite heavy enough to qualify for the biggest loser so I guess I'll try to eat healthier on my own. Thanks Coach Jasper.

Oh and if starts yelling at me like Bob Harper....hmm maybe that would be a good thing!

Last edited:

Sulphiria

Banned
Banned
Mar 12, 2012
Deltona, Florida
Today he got no Roudybush, just Harrison's with his other stuff. He ate once and I heard alot of them dropping..so I crunched up the ones that were left..this is like the third time I've seen him in his bowl..and he's even going into the cage for that bowl..::holds breath on this one::

My grey likes the fine better. He tossed the bigger size away.

OP
Wulfgeist

Wulfgeist

Feb 1, 2012
Winchester area, VA
I'm liking this and hopes it stays like this, he's been in that bowl so many times today. Of course he was just over here climbing all over me and took my straw and was trying to climb in my empty glass because I've given him a taste of the raspberry drink before and he likes it. He also got his first taste of watermelon and he liked it once it wasn't cold anymore.

Spiritbird

Banned
Banned
Aug 20, 2009
Media
Rosie tosses some of the H pellets out also. I just put them back and eventually she eats them. I give her about 25 H pellets a day.

OP
Wulfgeist

Wulfgeist

Feb 1, 2012
Winchester area, VA
Got the sample box today, two packets of coarse, one fine and a packet of treats that Jasper wasn't interested in. I might have to break those up for them both.

The fine does feel pretty small but I'll give them both some of that tomorrow. I have to crush the coarse up otherwise he wastes it all.

Sulphiria

Banned
Banned
Mar 12, 2012
Deltona, Florida
Got the sample box today, two packets of coarse, one fine and a packet of treats that Jasper wasn't interested in. I might have to break those up for them both.

The fine does feel pretty small but I'll give them both some of that tomorrow. I have to crush the coarse up otherwise he wastes it all.

Good luck!

Most Reactions