Has anyone seen this!!?!?!

MeganMango

Oct 13, 2012
Media
Guelph Ontario
Parrots
1 red bellied parrot (Mango), 3 cockatiels (Bugsie, Alfie, and Bananas)
Contains: sugar, sugar, sugar, more sugar, titanium dioxide, dye, dye, more dye.... yum

henpecked

Dec 12, 2010
Media
NC/FLA
Parrots
Jake YNA 1970,Kia Panama amazon1975, both i removed from nest and left siblings, Forever Home to,Stacie (YN hen),Mickie (RLA male),Blinkie (YNA hen),Kong (Panama hen),Rescue Zons;Nitro,Echo,Rocky,Rub
Anything to make a dollar, no matter who it hurts.

Brodie

Jul 25, 2012
Media
Melbourne, Australia
Parrots
Male Eclectus- Oscar and Female Eclectus- Scarlet
Who would even think to make this? That's gross. Heart attack in a bag.
WHO IN THEIR RIGHT MIND WOULD BUY THIS?!?

MonicaMc

Sep 12, 2012
Media
Parrots
Mitred Conure - Charlie 1994;
Cockatiel - Casey 2001;
Wild Caught ARN - Sylphie 2013
You know those mite protectors??? Useless and harmful.

You think that's bad? What about all the products they sell for humans... cigars... cigarettes... alcohol... fast food....

Is it really healthy for us? Not at all! Are people still buying all that even if it's detrimental to their health? Of course they are!!!!!

Doesn't surprise me in the least...

Brodie

Jul 25, 2012
Media
Melbourne, Australia
Parrots

You think that's bad? What about all the products they sell for humans... cigars... cigarettes... alcohol... fast food....

Is it really healthy for us? Not at all! Are people still buying all that even if it's detrimental to their health? Of course they are!!!!!

But the difference is we choose what we buy for ourself's to consume, smoke, whatever.
But if someone brought something ridiculous like this for their birds, the bird won't get a choice. They don't know it's that bad for them.
Imagine some uneducated Parrot owner going into a pet shop and finding this for $3 or however much it was. They would just think, hey there like mnms for birds! How cool! I'm going to get them for my birds!
Then they would show their friends, who would probably be just as uneducated. And buy it themselfs for their parrots.
Seriously it's thing like these that need to be taken off the market.
They may as well sell bird chocolates like they do for dogs if there gonna be selling things like these.
It frightens me to see how stupid the manufactures of this product are.
The thing is they know how bad it is for your birds, yet they still sell it. Because they don't care. They just want their money so they can invent more stupid, deadly pet products.

mrgoogls

May 6, 2012
Parrots
1 male Quaker-Cooper
that is so bad for birds! they shouldnt be alowed to sell this, yet they are..... lets hope not to many birds are affected by that

happycat

Mar 9, 2012
Virginia, U.S.
Parrots
Kakariki (Kirby) Cockatiel (Shiro) Jenday Conure (Jojo)
What!? Candy covered bird food. Candy covered?? Why would you feed your bird candy covered sunflower seeds? You shouldnt feed your parrot a sunflower seed only diet anyway, now I bet some people are feeding their parrot a candy covered sunflower seed diet. Poor birds.

MonicaMc

Sep 12, 2012
Media
Parrots
Cockatiel - Casey 2001;
No... they don't have a choice...

As kids do not have a choice in whether or not their parents smoke or drink alcohol or do other idiotic stuff that could potentially be harmful to their kids. Kids can't choose what kind of parents they have as birds can't (for the most part) choose who their owners are.

And yes, I realize that kids and birds are completely different! I'm just giving it as an example. Nothing more.

Brodie

Jul 25, 2012
Media
Melbourne, Australia
Parrots
I agree though. Kids and pets don't have a choice.
There's just not enough responsible people in this world anymore..

WannaBeAParrot

Jul 5, 2012
Media
SE Florida and Sullivan County, NY
Parrots
Cody-Blu, female Blue-Crowned Conure, Hatched - (approx) June 1, 2014, in a South Florida tree.

Pritti (Cherry-Head Conure) -- Fly in Peace my beautiful boy. Forever I'll love you.
I looked it up -- the brand for this poison covered seeds is is owned by Petsmart. Brand "All Living Things" should be used with CAUTION. Any company that would make a product like makes no effort whatsoever to help you give your pet a good, safe and healthy life -- in fact, it is irresponsible for them to make and sell this in their own stores.

I never give Petsmart my money anymore, not for anything. I go to a local Mom & Pop and pay about ten percent more, but it's worth it to keep places like that able to keep their doors open. I also found a new Petco store in the area and liked the environment much better than Petsmart, and they had a better variety and selection of bird stuff, but still had tons of garbagey food and treats, tons.

Dharmawaits

Oct 6, 2012
Parrots
The great Peapod a Parrotlet
It's getting to a point I either buy from my local bird rescue store (lucky to have that option!) or from places like my safe bird. I went to a pet store today to get a forager toy and had to walk out. Granted I'm sensitive from volunteering at a bird rescue but hearing the worker tell a lady cockatoo's where great with children and rarely bit made me REALLY not want to support that place.

OP
Atwee921

Atwee921

Apr 22, 2011
Maine, USA
Parrots
Sprite the cinnamon green cheek conure.

But the difference is we choose what we buy for ourself's to consume, smoke, whatever.
But if someone brought something ridiculous like this for their birds, the bird won't get a choice. They don't know it's that bad for them.
Imagine some uneducated Parrot owner going into a pet shop and finding this for $3 or however much it was. They would just think, hey there like mnms for birds! How cool! I'm going to get them for my birds!
Then they would show their friends, who would probably be just as uneducated. And buy it themselfs for their parrots.
Seriously it's thing like these that need to be taken off the market.
They may as well sell bird chocolates like they do for dogs if there gonna be selling things like these.
It frightens me to see how stupid the manufactures of this product are.
The thing is they know how bad it is for your birds, yet they still sell it. Because they don't care. They just want their money so they can invent more stupid, deadly pet products.

Agreed. I think everyone knows that cigarettes, fast food, etc. is bad for us, but birds don't know the first thing about "health", I know from first hand experience for Sprite that a parrot's motto is (or at least Sprite's), "if it is edible and tastes kinda good you should eat it" :rolleyes:

GadgetGirl

Oct 23, 2012
Qld, Australia
Parrots
Rascal - a Galah, 24 years old
Gadget - Indian Ring Neck, 3 months old
Thank you for starting this thread!

Despite living in Australia, I've also left feedback on their wall. The fact that someone came up with the idea is horrific, let alone that anyone would buy them!

Pets are like children in that they eat what they're given (for the most part), if they're given a bad diet, they will eat it.

GadgetGirl

Oct 23, 2012
Qld, Australia
Parrots
Rascal - a Galah, 24 years old
Gadget - Indian Ring Neck, 3 months old
Mind you... the more I look at the Bird "Treats" the sadder I become.

I wouldn't feed any of my birds 99% of what is on that page. It's all processed and full of sugar....

MonicaMc

Sep 12, 2012
Media
Parrots
Cockatiel - Casey 2001;
Mind you... the more I look at the Bird "Treats" the sadder I become.

I wouldn't feed any of my birds 99% of what is on that page. It's all processed and full of sugar....

And now you know why I hate the majority of our chain pet stores.... most of what they sell is crap! LOL

Most Reactions