Hawkhead Parrot with a handicap

Pinkbirdy

Feb 26, 2013
Clifton Springs Newyork
Parrots
macaw,LS2,congo grey,2Blk Hd caiques,Hawkhead,yellowstrk lory,Blue frnt amazon,sun conure ,Yellow sided greencheek ,Goffin ,Rosebreasted Cockatoo,Greenwing Macaw,Blue and Gold Macaw,Nanday conure,Ecle
How is he doing ?

OP
95talongirl

95talongirl

Jul 24, 2012
IL
Parrots
Blue Front Amazon, Mopar
Hawkhead Parrot, Maverick
He seems to be adjusting ok. He did not bite at all yesterday. :). The medicine on the food works pretty well, too.

I have been having my boyfriend kinda linger around while i feed him, and thats appears to be working some. He still is aprensive, but he doesn't go into a full panic anymore. Hoping to keep moving forward. :)

OP
95talongirl

95talongirl

Jul 24, 2012
IL
Parrots
Blue Front Amazon, Mopar
Hawkhead Parrot, Maverick
Little update:
Got a call from the vet today. I always get nervous when they call, even though they are suppose to. lol!

Good news is that his bloodwork came back pretty normal. There were a few things a little off, but she said that could be from the feather plucking. Of course, she also threw that dreaded "avian bornavirus" back in there, too. The results from that test are still not in, and could be next week until I hear anything. So while I feel a *little* better, I'm still a nervous wreck over the virus test results. *sigh*

Most Reactions

Latest posts