He is clumsy!

Abigal7

Jun 17, 2012
United States of America/ Kansas
Parrots
Captain Jack (Hahn's macaw)

Clover (green cheek conure)
Captain Jack likes to act like he is a monkey. I seen him hang upside down in his cage and he has some big toys he can hang onto. He fell once in his cage yesterday and today he fell twice. I watch him each time proceed to climb back up and get onto the sisal rope perch. Was your bird ever this clumsy?

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Oh yes, Niko was a little cluts for quite some time. I always worried when he'd take another plunge. Luckily he never seriously hurt himself, he "only" broke flight feathers. :(

Now that he's going on 4, he rarely falls off a perch, swing or boing, BUT it does still happen every once in a while, when he gets carried away. :)

lucy1

Nov 6, 2012
UK
Parrots
Milo - my new baby B&G macaw! Rosie - Orange Wing Amazon & Rupert - Red Lored Amazon
Milo has just had his first hatch-day this week and regularly falls off his stand. He is clipped and is growing flight feathers back after his first full moult and has broken several blood feathers with his clumsy landings :(

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Milo has just had his first hatch-day this week and regularly falls off his stand. He is clipped and is growing flight feathers back after his first full moult and has broken several blood feathers with his clumsy landings :(

AAAWWW...poor Milo. :( It's scary and heart breaking when they break those blood feathers, isnt' it?

lucy1

Nov 6, 2012
UK
Parrots
Milo - my new baby B&G macaw! Rosie - Orange Wing Amazon & Rupert - Red Lored Amazon
It's awful and frightening! That pot of styptic powder was a good investment...
Milo is the opposite of Captain Jack, he is fine in his cage but manages to get into trouble when he's out.

OP
Abigal7

Abigal7

Jun 17, 2012
United States of America/ Kansas
Parrots
Captain Jack (Hahn's macaw)

Clover (green cheek conure)

Poor Milo. It sounds scary to hear the blood feathers were breaking. When I hear Captian Jack fall it worries me. So far he is okay. I want to add that Milo is a cutie.

Cami

Mar 24, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Parrots
9 1/2 yr old B&G, Spencer. 15 1/2 yr old Indian Ringneck, Edmund.
Oh yes, Niko was a little cluts for quite some time. I always worried when he'd take another plunge.

BUT it does still happen every once in a while, when he gets carried away. :)

Same here, a few tumbles but not hurt, he hasn't fallen for years now

Most Reactions