Hello folks

Casper223

Apr 27, 2019
Gulf Coast, Louisiana/Mississippi State Line S/E
Parrots
Umbrella Cockatoo "Zoey"
Orin, please consider captioning one of those amazing pictures, and post it in the June POTM competition. If your photo challenged, feel free to reach out to me, I'll help you place a bubble and text inside the bubble for your baby to help you. Orin is gorgeous, and you have taken some awesome pictures which could easily be captioned and make a hilariously great entry.

OP
O

Orin2017

May 5, 2019
Orin, please consider captioning one of those amazing pictures, and post it in the June POTM competition. If your photo challenged, feel free to reach out to me, I'll help you place a bubble and text inside the bubble for your baby to help you. Orin is gorgeous, and you have taken some awesome pictures which could easily be captioned and make a hilariously great entry.

I use an iphone for taking pictures and most everything else. Is there a free app you would recommend? And can you tell me more about these photo competition events?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Casper223

Apr 27, 2019
Gulf Coast, Louisiana/Mississippi State Line S/E
Parrots
Umbrella Cockatoo "Zoey"

I use an iphone for taking pictures and most everything else. Is there a free app you would recommend? And can you tell me more about these photo competition events?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes Sir.... Two forums up from where we are now is a forum marked "Photo Of The Month Contest - Parrot Forum - Parrot Owner's Community

Look for the forum marked June, which is the month were in now. When you open this forum, you will see the Introduction, and the Topic of the month. Which this month is "Caption this photo" which is a picture of your bird, with a caption on the picture. When you go through the pictures you will see what it means.... So then just as you uploaded pictures of Orin, well in this forum you would Caption the photo with something, witty, or humorous..... If you post more than one captioned photo, then you would have to choose one for your official entry, and designate the others "Just for fun". "Terry57" one of our Moderators Picked a theme this month, and the Theme she picked was "Caption This!" You can either add text under the picture, or if you have the software you could add a bubble to the picture and text inside the bubble as if your bird is actually speaking. I gotta say, their really funny this month, and some really good pictures have been entered for consideration so far. Towards the end of the month, "Terry57" will notify everyone of a deadline to enter a picture, then at that time cut off entries, after doing so will place a ballot box, in which you and me, members of Parrot Forums will be able to cast a vote for one bird. That too will have a deadline to vote by, then voting is closed and a winner is announced. In the case of a tie, as like last month, they take the tie, and place them up for a vote, and give a deadline to cast a vote. The winner is then announced and also given a prize. Take a look, and enjoy the pictures, they are hilarious. If your a creative person, and I can see that you are just by the pictures you've shown already, then you can place a caption on it, and everyone gets to enjoy the pictures with you. I can see a lot of excitement in the air so far this month with just the entries entered so far. Orin deserves a spot there IMHO, so if you need help with a bubble and placing the text in the bubble on the picture I can help with that, I just can't caption it for you, or edit it in any manner, but some folks are challenged in doing this, and some just enter a text caption under the picture, It's really what ever you want to do, and how you want to do it. Really gives you the opportunity to get and be creative. :)

I use a MacBook Pro (apple Laptop) and have an iPhone too. But I usually just drag the picture onto my notebook, then do a markup from there, such as add and adjust size and shape of the bubble, then pick a color of the text, and script, add it all together, then save it back to my photo's and upload it from my photo's to Imgur, to share on the forum. Sounds complicated, but it's actually quite easy. I don't know if you could do this with a windows computer, I've been using a Mac for so long, My only interaction with windows is at work.

Last edited:

Most Reactions