Hello from Australia

go_fish

Jan 2, 2010
Hello,

You guys have a great forum going on here!!!!!

My name is Ben.

Let me tell you a little bit about my self. Ive only ever kept one bird. That was a lovebird Henry. Who i raised from a young age and was a very loving bird. Until one day his curiosity got the better of him and went to close to the vaccum cleaner and well he lived for a couple of days after that but i guess the stress of it was to much for him.

After a few weeks of looking around and seeing what kind of birds were out there i purchased a Green Cheek Conure on thursday.

Her name is Pinky. I know not the best name around but thats what the breeder was calling her.(she has a pink leg band) So i just keep with that.

Pinky is settling in really well. She knows who am i, when im home and where am in the house. She does get a bit hyper and goes abit nuts when you dont talk to her or let her out.

As for training we've only just started out. She knows the set up command, is learning to show me her wings and to lay on her back.

17144_397119875163_642655163_10424524_555319_n.jpg

Im looking forward to chatting with you guys/girls and share my new friend .

Ben

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
Once again hi
My AG Mishka loves the vacuum cleaner, from a distance.
Look forward to hearing about Pinky's progress.
Take care

Spiritbird

Banned
Banned
Aug 20, 2009
Media
So sorry about your bird loss. I do not like my Rosie to be on the floor at all. Too many dangers lurking. Welcome to your Pinky and I hope all goes well. I do not have a conniure but I understand they can be clowns.

Redballoon

Dec 24, 2006
Hi.
Im also in Oztralia.
I often think how safe my birds would be if I caged them. They would have a long and safe life, and probably pray for death every waking minute of their captivity.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fffbq2q1JuQ]YouTube - sprouts.wmv[/ame]
This is how my birds live. They will no doubt lead shorter lives than a caged bird.
welcome to the forum. There are many helpful and nice people here.

Spiritbird

Banned
Banned
Aug 20, 2009
Media
Hey Red It looks like you provide a wonderful haven for your birds. Who's to say which one lives longer. I believe quality is much more important than quantity.

Redballoon

Dec 24, 2006
I cop a lot of critisism for the way I let my birds live.
You have to be on guard all the time, and your stuff will take a beating, coz too's love to chew.
Cats, kids, wild birds, cars, cleaning fluids,....its a dangerouus world out there, but my guys tell me they are happy every day.

BlueToast

Oct 18, 2009
Media
South Jersey
Parrots
Severe Macaw
Our birds wings were clipped before she was weaned. I agree that by domesticating the bird they don't have foraging abilities required to survive in the wild. But, flying must be a pretty awesome thing to be able to do. I just can't reconcile my conscious to take that from them. But my girl says the wings gotta be clipped. Sorry Pepper maybe in another life.

OP
G

go_fish

Jan 2, 2010
Thanks for welcoming me to the forums!!!

There really is a wealth of information on here!

Ben

Most Reactions