Hello from Greece

nasosKE_30

Feb 9, 2008
hello i have 2 lovebirds and now i got an african timney too.

he is not very well because until now he was passing lots of houres alone!!!!

i start givind him vitamins in his water(nekton-bio) and i also give him frouits.

i would like to give me any advice you think necessary concerning food or medicine or anything else.
thanks

Attachments

• SP_A0850.jpg
    SP_A0850.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 203

Auggie's Dad

Administrator
Dec 28, 2007
Media
Albums
South Hadley MA
Parrots
Auggie: Dusky Conure
I am not a fan of vitamins in the water. If he is on a good food regular supplementation shouldn't be needed. If you suspect he is malnourished you should get him checked out by an avian vet to see what his individual needs are, perhaps the vet would recommend a supplement to get him back up to par.

Other than that, fresh fruits and veggies are great. His primary food should be a pelleted diet (not seeds). There are many good brands of food out there, I use Zupreem.

You should not give him any medication unless prescribed or advised by a veterinarian.

zarafia

Super Moderator
Jan 22, 2008
One thing that could benifit your grey would be cuttlebones and/or a mineral block. Greys need more calcium than most parrots and if they are deficient in calcium they can actually have seizures. And remember that for proper calcium absorption you need vitamin D (unfiltered sunlight is good for this) and phosphorus.

Tracy842

Super Moderator
Jan 12, 2007
Media
Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Popsicle the Senegal Parrot &
Pepsi the Mealy Amazon
Welcome to the Parrot Forums!!!

A pelleted diet would be best for a Grey, with fruits, veggies etc. Harrison's is a great food, completely organic, my birds love it.

Vitamins added to the water is basically useless, if the bird does not drink it right away it will serve no purpose.

Looks like he is a bit of a plucker, this could be from many reasons. More then likely boredom since he was alone so much. Have you brought him to a vet?

Most Reactions

Latest posts