Hello From ST. Louis, MO!!!

Sep 20, 2017
Hello!!
I am a new member as of yesterday!
I am from St. Louis, Missouri!

I do not personally own any birds other than my 30 chickens, but I foster Macaw's for a local avian rescue.
Currently, I am fostering a 4yr old Hahn's Macaw! :green::07:
Not sure what else to say here... so I guess I will give a little background on myself lol

I have a degree in veterinary medicine and a degree in business management.
I breed and show Australian Shepherds, and work for the government (BLM branch) training and gentling wild horses; Mustangs. I do own and love 4 of my own personal horses.
umm... let's see... the gateway to the BirdWorld for me was my boss's Blue and Gold Macaw- Louie. I played with him every day when I had spare time at the clinic and bonded with him. I eventually left that job, but Louie made an everlasting impression with me. I started with chickens- very different from macaws, i know lol. But here I am, enjoying fostering birds needing loving and knowledgeable homes :)

- Danielle

itzjbean

Jan 27, 2017
Media
Iowa, USA
Parrots
2 cockatiels
Hello and welcome, glad to see another fellow Midwesterner on the boards!!

Obviously you have a passion for animals.... I love it!! Great to have you here.

Skidood

Aug 11, 2017
Media
Albums
Toronto
Parrots
Yellow-sided GCC
Welcome Danielle, what a nice introduction! I would have also had a few chickens if I had a place for them.

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 40-year-old Patagonian Conure
Hello, welcome!
Glad you found us!

P.S. I want you for a neighbor!

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Welcome to the forums, Danielle! Thanks for joining and sharing your wonderful story. You'll fit in very well!!

Most Reactions