Hello from VA.

jew1187

Jan 1, 2011
Currently in Rocky Mount VA, Phoenix in May.
Parrots
3 Parakeets, Jaiden, Topaz and Peridot. Baby boy, Skyler, Eclectus.
Hey everyone, I'm Matt. From VA but getting ready to move to AZ.

I have three budgies and am talking to breeders about a CAG. I am working hard with my three birds and cannot wait to get my CAG. I had one other budgie as a kid and an older Macaw my parents did not have the patience for so we gave the Macaw to a loving lady who knew exactly how to handle the older bird.

Look forward to chatting with many of you on how to take care of my birds and learning from you all.

madparrotwoman

Jun 29, 2010
Media
Plymouth, UK
Parrots
CAG
hahns macaw
Hi Matt, welcome to the forum it's good to have you on board. Have you made a decision on a CAG yet? Look forward to developments on that score.

Happy New Year

OP
J

jew1187

Jan 1, 2011
Parrots
I have not made a decision on a CAG yet. I have been talking to breeders and I have one in Texas that will have eggs in Spring and will be weaned and ready five months from that time. I am taking my time with this one because I don't want buying a bird that possibly will live longer than myself to be a rush decision and then not be able to take care of it. I figure I have a year to buy the cage, plenty of toys, do plenty of research and actually save up enough money for all the expenses and the bird itself. By that time I will definitely be ready, or decide that my life style as a full time student is not going to allow me to have the bird at that time. I am definitely enjoying my budgies though. Even with the bite today. lol.

Spiritbird

Banned
Banned
Aug 20, 2009
Media
You are going at it very wisely. A CAG is a lifetime partner. The greys are fantastic birds. Enjoy your stay here and we are glad to meet you.

OP
J

jew1187

Jan 1, 2011
Parrots
Welcome and good luck with your decision :) .

PS: There is no such thing as an 'American Parakeet'. They are all Aussie :) .

The "American Parakeet" of course having come from Australia originally, not to be mistaken with the "British Budgie". A larger Parakeet by roughly two inches with a life span of only about 7 years due to the inbreeding done.:D:green2::blue1::red1::blue::red:

Most Reactions

Latest posts