Hello I'm new

OP
SomePeopleHaveBirds

SomePeopleHaveBirds

Jan 30, 2019
Michigan... Thinking of moving to the state of New
Parrots
N/A but hopes I get chosen oh please oh please
Thanks for the advice everyone, again and again I've been proven I haven't done enough (like research).
Seems like everything would be put to the test when I volunteer, like knowledge from research, if I can follow routines, preparing diet, etc. Also most importantly the biting and if I can withstand it. (Excited for that part. Or should I be I don't know)
But yeah thanks!

OP
SomePeopleHaveBirds

SomePeopleHaveBirds

Jan 30, 2019
Parrots
Update: I still trying to find a shelter, I have found one but is it a good one?
I have yet to find out. I also hope I get chosen by a bird, I don't think I'm lucky enough to get chosen but I should still hope. Um, I have to get everything together with the volenteering thing. I haven't given up on volunteering and I haven't given up on a bird wanting to choose me (sorta yet, why yet? Because it might not happen I didn't even get chosen to be apart of a team at school so why would a bird choose a person like me?). Anyway, I'll do another update when I start volunteering, just have to get a few things out the way and running. After all that we are good to go, good to volunteer!
Hope this works out. :)

Last edited:
OP
SomePeopleHaveBirds

SomePeopleHaveBirds

Jan 30, 2019
Parrots
Hi, I'm not a bird owner but I am researching for a future bird I might want. I was told by another bird owner on another forum to volunteer first, that's what I was going to before I get one. I hope to have a great time volenteering at a rescue. Until then I'll keep up the research. Also I was thinking of maybe being an avian vet someday but I don't know about because I had another jobs I wanted in mind. Still in school, doesn't own birds, but is researching and thinking about volenteering. There isn't much about me to say, but I'm happy to be on this forum. :D

Wait wait wait. I just realized that I did an oopise by saying I'll be choosing the bird, but the bird should choose me. Shouldn't I be the one at the rescue waiting for a bird to adopt me?
Wow such deep meaning in what I said. *Me hopes children who need homes gets adopted too:)*

Wow such along time ago since that post I've really grown up. *Wipes tear*
I grow up so fast...

OP
SomePeopleHaveBirds

SomePeopleHaveBirds

Jan 30, 2019
Parrots
Hi, I'm not a bird owner but I am researching for a future bird I might want. I was told by another bird owner on another forum to volunteer first, that's what I was going to before I get one. I hope to have a great time volenteering at a rescue. Until then I'll keep up the research. Also I was thinking of maybe being an avian vet someday but I don't know about because I had another jobs I wanted in mind. Still in school, doesn't own birds, but is researching and thinking about volenteering. There isn't much about me to say, but I'm happy to be on this forum. :D

But me and my mom do own 2 month old dog, got her for Christmas. I'm planning on getting chosen by a bird after I go to college a nd at least get a part time or at home job, or that job as a avian vet! :) She is a shorkie, cute little girl.

Most Reactions