Hello, Introducing my zoo.

Anna

Jul 24, 2011
NSW, Australia
Parrots
Shrek & Fiona the Indian Ringnecks, Chiku the Fischer's Lovebird Marley the Cockatiel, Dara and Bullrush the Eastern Rosellas.
Hey all. I have been a brid owner since I was 7 (my first bird was a peachface lovebird named Chirpy). Since then I have kept or bred a variety of birds but I have always adored the parrots and always had at least one (usually it was Chirpy). My current 'flock' is pretty small and consists of Shrek my Indian Ringneck and a new acquisition that I bought just today (I mean who sells a Fischer's lovebird that hasnt even feathered out properly yet cause its so young at the local markets of all places?) I have yet to find I name but Im thinking either Chiku (one who chatters) or Kamili (perfect) which are both Tanzanian names. My mum who I currently live with owns Bowie (yellow haired) the cockatiel and my boyfriend's cockatiel Marley will be coming to live with us on Tuesday while he sells his house (my idea, too many strangers for poor Marley to cope with). I have also just acquired an aviary and am getting a mate for Shrek (will name her Fiona obviously). She is blue and the breeder is giving her to me for free cause he is my boyfriends next door neighbour.

Non feathered zoo additions include Anansai my QLD Bird Eating Spider, Miki my Pygmy Python, 4 fishtanks of guppies (mum has her goldfish tank as well), Bella my Staffy x Kelpie, Lola and Lillian my cats and of course assorted insect farms to feed the zoo.

I am looking forward to sharing my experiences and learning from yours in this always rewarding and challenging hobby.

suebee

Jan 13, 2011
welcome to the forum an wow what a collection of animals, i have to admit stick insects are my fav, but i am not over keen on the spiders lol

Mayden

Apr 22, 2010
UK.
Parrots
Merlin & Charlie (Senegals)
Hello and welcome! You certainly do have your hands full don't you!

OP
A

Anna

Jul 24, 2011
NSW, Australia
Parrots
Shrek & Fiona the Indian Ringnecks, Chiku the Fischer's Lovebird Marley the Cockatiel, Dara and Bullrush the Eastern Rosellas.
Thank you all for your warm welcome. I am getting pictures together slowly, its getting them on the internet that takes time. I will get there and share my zoo with you all.

Kerry: My spider is only about 1 1/2 cms in diameter when his legs are stretched out so all my photos of him are really blurry. As soon as I get one I can see properly I will defiantely post it. Bird Eating Spider is a misleading name because mostly they eat insects, lizards and small mammals. I am currently feedin mine the insects I breed like crickets and mealworms. When he gets bigger I'll feed him on the defrosted rodents I feed my snake as well as the insects.

P.S. I just put some pictures in an album on my profile of some of the menagerie.

Last edited:

brighteyes

Aug 24, 2011
Media
on a farm in south vic Austrailia...
Parrots
The very proud owner of a new baby sun conour !
Welcome ,
Sorry not in to spiders , Two days ago l stoped my car on the side because of a giant spider that had me to scared to drive ! I know such a whimp !
Any how l am a aussie also , l am into fluffie pets and of course BIRDS , I have 4 alpacas, 6 horses, 3 dogs, 3stable cats, & 6 pet chooks all with names, ha ha .
Still waiting on my bird ( sun conure ) .
I look forward to catching you later ! U didn,t say weather your spider lives in side with u , I will be looking under my bed to night LOL...

birdybabies

Aug 4, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
Parrots
Billy & Finley (Budgies)
Malakai (Blue Quaker)
Murphy (Green Quaker)
Rhyly (Cockatiel)
Oakley (IRN)
Disco (Lovebird)
Welcome, from another Aussie - Victorian. Yep, you can keep your spider. Dont mind the ones I find in the house, catch them and put them outside but dont want a pet one, especially one I have to feed dead rodents to, they must get quite big?

kerry

Jul 3, 2011
In a suburb of Minneapolis, MN
Parrots
Yellow Naped Amazon -female, Umbrella Cockatoo - female.
Thanks for the "Bird-eating spider" info. Anna.
I am actually glad that the spider is that small.
What a relief.
Now I won't have to have bad dreams about it tonight!!
LOL...

Most Reactions

Latest posts