Hello

grantgrace

Aug 10, 2012
Ohio :(
Parrots
Blue Crown Conure 12-25 ?
And a 5 mo old mourning dove
Hello, Just signed up today. I think its great to have a place to come and ask questions and share. :) We have a Blue Crown Counure Mackie and A mourning Dove Bird Bird...Lol.. Yes thats his/her name. 3 Female dogs Sissy, Winnie & Bella. Mackie is 12-25. The people we rec. Mackie from took him in after his owner of 12 years passed, I think they assumed that he was 12 bc thats how long she had him, the vet says hes more than likely in his twenties. He came to us in rather poor condition, needed groomed, He had the white things all over his head ( I dont know what they are called they are like a plastic coating) and he didnt seem to like people much at all. That was about 3 weeks ago and in a short amount of time he has made alot!! of progress. He still bites but just not as much or as hard. I work at home and Im on my Pc most of the day, he is beside me on his playtop or on my chest most of the time. Oh..also the vet said he was more than likely wild caught, she thought this bc of his band. He is starting to adjust and get use to being here and I think he might even like it...:) He goes shopping with us, showers with us (well, With me), eats with us...Hes very smart and always watching, He does fall asleep on his perch and almost falls off...(is this normal? )
I am thinking of getting a baby gc conure as well, they would of course have seperate cages, I am home and have the time and really enjoy the company. Our dove stays in my room and doesnt want much interaction during the day, he will run from me unless its night time then he sleeps with me either falling asleep on my stomach or beside me in "his" hat. We have had him since he was very very young, barely feathered, He purrs...feels like a little motor boat when he really gets going. :) Thanks for reading, Looking forward to hearing from others.
Have a great day :green:

wenz2712

Banned
Banned
Nov 16, 2011
Media
Welcome to the forum:) Lots of Conure Owners on here, that will be happy to give you great advice.

We would love to see some pics :)

ConureCrazy

Jun 13, 2012
Media
California
Parrots
Senegal: Oliver ~~
Yellow-Sided GCC's: Bella and Zora ~~
R.I.P Tweeters the Cockatiel<3
Wow, so glad you adopted him! About the falling asleep and falling thing, have you tried a Happy Hut? My green cheeked conure Bella would almost always lean forward and fall off her perch when sleeping, I guess some birds like to sleep leaning forward? Well anyways the Happy Hut has solved that problem, it's like a snuggly sleeping tent. :) I do know some people who wouldn't risk using a Happy Hut though... On a rare occasion birds will chew and get tangled in the two tiny cords that hold the Happy Hut. Mine never go on top of the hut where the cirds are but I still check daily just in case! This is what a HH looks like:
h3%20happy%20hut.jpg

This is what I have. Welcome to the fiorum!

OP
G

grantgrace

Aug 10, 2012
Ohio :(
Parrots
Blue Crown Conure 12-25 ?
And a 5 mo old mourning dove
Thanks :) Here is Mackie, Im not sure how to add pics in message , I added him to my profile though :)

wenz2712

Banned
Banned
Nov 16, 2011
Media
Here is how to post pics :)

When you are creating your post, go into attachments, click on upload from Computer, then browse.. click on the pic you want to show, then click on upload.... or if you have photobucket just hover mouse over the image then left click on IMG and it will say copied, then just paste into your message box, go onto preview post and it will show if it has gone in properly:)

Most Reactions

Latest posts