Hello!

KasloConure

Jan 29, 2010
Media
Parrots
Garbanzo, a two year old sun conure
Hello everyone! My name is Vicki. My family includes my husband, my 2 year old son, two dogs, one cat, and a happy and healthy sun conure named Garbanzo. :orange:

Garbanzo lives in a 36" x 48" x 18" cage in the middle of our home. She also likes travelling around on our shoulders and sitting on her perch by the window. Like all sun conures, she is *very* noisy! She likes to be part of the action and protests loudly when she feels left out. She also loves taking baths, shredding toys, and attacking a chain that's attached to her perch. She's not a great talker, but she says "Hello" and "Step up" in sort of a muffled way.

We make Garbanzo's food ourselves. Her main food is a mixture of organic grains (such as oats, barley and spelt), dried peas and lentils (not her favourite part), spinach pasta, some nuts (almonds and in-shell, unsalted peanuts), dried berries, dried bean flakes, some herbs such as rosemary for flavour, dehydrated unsulphered bananas, a small amount of unsalted sunflower and pumpkin seekds, and anything else we find in the health food store that looks parrot-friendly. Garbanzo has shown a great fondness for baby formula powder, so we sprinkle a very small amount on her food to ensure that she's getting enough trace vitamins and minerals.

In addition, Garbanzo gets fresh fruits and vegetables, seaweed snacks, and little bits of whole grain bread. She also loves fruit juice, but we save this as a special treat!

I'm looking forward to hearing about everyone's special parrots and learning a great deal, though this forum! Thanks for reading my post!

Last edited:

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
Welcome to a great forum
Garbanzo sounds like a very lucky bird to have such great guardians.
Enjoy your time here
Bye for now
:orange:

Most Reactions

Latest posts