hello!

feathered

Mar 1, 2014
minnesota, USA
Parrots
Amazon
My name is shawnee, my father and I have a yellow cheek amazon? Im not 100% on species. We have had him (his name is pyper) 14 years roughtly so he is about 15 or 16 years old. The people my dad had gotten him from clipped his wing wrong ( I personally don't believe in clipping unless nessicary) so his wings never lay right ( thats based on opinion). Regardless of how long iv been around and interacting with birds im still not sure on much about them but id love to learn more on interactions, games, training ect. Which is what has drawn me to this site.

Here is a picture of pyper Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting

TessieB

Nov 3, 2013
Media
Upstate, South Carolina
Parrots
1 Blue Front Amazon, 1 Yellow Head Amazon, 4 Cockatiels, 2 Parakeets
Glad you joined! There are lots of ideas on this forum about how to enrich Pyper's life. Good for you for wanting to help him out.

OP
F

feathered

Mar 1, 2014
minnesota, USA
Parrots
Amazon
I mean, hes not all that playful but I think with more stimulation will lighen his moods he randomly gets really sad since my grandpa past. They werent really bonded but pyper recognized him as family. Hes really smart and I wanna put it to good use. He knows when you wave your hand it is a greeting which he learned from watching little kids saying hi to him. And everyone that he reconizes he calls pyper and calls himself pea pipe ( he put that one together himself no one has ever called him pea pipe or has even thought of calling him thati guess he like that name better lol) iv seen this bird train a german shepherd todo his ab bidding and even rewared the dog by sharing half of his treats with him and thank you thekarens we strive to do our very best for our furry and feathered family.

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
Welcome to the forum! Pyper appears to be an orange wing amazon. He's a cute little guy. It's nice to hear you're wanting to learn more about him and how to interact with him. This forum is a great place to start!

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Hello and welcome! Pyper is gorgeous:)
I agree with Kiwibird, I think he is an orange wing as well.
So happy you joined us!

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
Hi Shawnee, I love your name :)
You and your father have a beautiful Orange Winged Amazon. Welcome to the forum.

Most Reactions